Acetabular Paralabral Cyst as a Rare Cause of Sciatica: A Case Report
- Enchondroma with secondary aneurysmal bone cyst. Bird, Justin; Wang, Wei-Lien; Deavers, Michael; Madewell, John; Lewis, Valerae // Skeletal Radiology;Nov2012, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p1475
An enchondroma with complex cystic changes of the proximal femur is described in a 13-year-old male. The case illustrates a unique presentation of an enchondroma and reinforces the importance of considering the presence of secondary aneurysmal bone cysts in both benign and malignant lesions of bone.
- Etiological aspects of solitary bone cysts: comments regarding the presence of the disease in two brothers. Is the genetic theory sustainable or is it pure coincidence? - Case report. A., Miu // Journal of Medicine & Life;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p509
Beginning the study of benign tumors of the bone in children and adolescents, a group of diseases that have in common the clinical aspects, evolution, and surgical treatment, genetic theory in the etiology of the solitary bone cyst, can be sustained by some cases of siblings with the same...
- Challenges in recognising significant back pain in a child with learning difficulties. Daud, Karina Mohd // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Sep2013, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p697
A case study of a seven year-old boy with a five month history of back pain radiating down his right leg associated with a palpable back mass is presented, who was diagnosed with an aneurysmal bone cyst in his L4 vertebra.
- Does Paget's disease affect a single vertebra? Avadhanam, Pavan K.; Ankathi, Praveen; Kumar, Purohit A. // Neurology India;May/Jun2010, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p499
The article presents a case study of a 50-year old male patient who has one year history of lower back pain radiating in the medial aspect of his thighs and knees in India. Neurological examination shows that his bilateral hip flexor was weak and a 25% decrease of his sensation in both L3...
- Slip and fall ends in more than a simple muscle strain. Kear, Patricia // Clinical Advisor;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p98
The article presents a case study of a 51-year-old male construction worker with complaints of lower back pain noted after a slip and fall in the shower about one week earlier. He experiences non radiating, dull pain which is aggravated by physical activity and relieved by rest. He was diagnosed...
- Multilocular Disseminated Tarlov Cysts: Importance of Imaging. Padma, Subramanyam; Sundaram, P. Shanmuga // World Journal of Nuclear Medicine;Jan2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p67
With technological advancements and wider availability of multimodality imaging, incidental lesions are frequently identified in patients undergoing various imaging studies. We report here a case of multiloculated disseminated perineural or Tarlov cysts (TCs). The primary aim of our study was to...
- A case of confusion and sciatica. Whitfiled, M.; Hart, F. Dudley // British Medical Journal;3/12/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6062, p697
Presents a case of a woman suffering from confusion and sciatica. Association of acute backache with sciatica; Occurrence of motor loss and slight sensory abnormality; Reduction of ankle jerk.
- BACKACHE AND SCIATICA. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May62 Part 2, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p46
Enumerates the types of backache and sciatica. Backache from lumbosacral and sacroiliac sprains and strains; Postural backache; Backache from spondylolysis; Backache from osteoporosis.
- BACKACHE AND SCIATICA. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec60, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p95
Presents a general review of backache and sciatica. General therapy; Types of backache; Malignant disease of the spine.