- Dysphagia Caused by Giant Esophageal Fibrolipoma: Imaging Findings. Doganay, Selim; Kantarci, Mecit // Erciyes Medical Journal;2009, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p349
A 44-year-old woman presented to our hospital with progressive dysphagia and weight loss of 1 year. CT scan showed a large mass consisting of fatty tissue anterior to the thoracic vertebra. The differential diagnosis involved esophageal lipoma, tumor, and paraesophageal herniation. Axial CT...
- A rare cause of dysphagia in a young man. Taş, Adnan; Köklü, Seyfettin // Dicle Medical Journal / Dicle Tip Dergisi;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p153
The article presents a case study of a 30-year old man who was admitted to the emergency department of a hospital due to dysphagia. Result of his endoscopic ultrasonography reveal that he had subepithelial lesion in his gastric cardia of gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST). After the surgery,...
- A Rare Cause of Dysphagia - Dysphagia Aortica -- Complicated with Intravascular Disseminated Coagulopathy. BADILA, Elisabeta; BARTOS, Daniela; BALAHURA, Cristian; DARABAN, Ana Maria // Romanian Journal of Medical Practice;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p83
Dysphagia aortica is an uncommon condition defined by the difficulty in swallowing caused by extrinsic compression of the esophagus due to an ectatic, tortuous, or aneurysmatic atherosclerotic thoracic aorta. We report the case of a 93 year old woman with dysphagia secondary to extrinsic...
- Tracheal compression due to anomalous innominate artery in an adult. Gupta, Krishna B.; Tyagi, Diksha; Prajapat, Deepak; Kumar, Vipul // Lung India;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p419
A 47-year-old-female presented with dyspnea and unproductive cough for 4 months. General examination revealed pulsatile swelling in the midline below the thyroid cartilage present since childhood. Computed tomography-angiography of the neck showed right innominate artery dilated, elongated and...
- Angiofibroma in the right atrium and inferior vena cava. Cao, Dian-bo; Yang, Si-rui; Gao, Yong-sheng; Hua, Shu-cheng // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p962
The article presents a case study of a 47-year-old woman suffering from breath shortness and edema of lower limb who was diagnosed with angiofibroma in right atrium and inferior vena cava and also includes several diagnostic images relates to it.
- Left ventricular septal perforation after apico-aortic conduit. Takahashi, Yosuke; Tsutsumi, Yasushi; Monta, Osamu; Ohashi, Hirokazu // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p963
The article presents a case study of a 78-year-old man with exertion dyspnoea and chest pain who was diagnosed with ventricular septal perforation at apex, presenting along with several computed tomographic images.
- Thirty years of blackouts: a case report of swallow syncope. Lambiris, Irene; Mendoza, Ivan; Helguera, Marcelo; Escudero, Jose Baez; Bonilla, Cesar // Journal of Community Hospital Internal Medicine Perspectives (JC;
Deglutition syncope has been demonstrated in isolated case reports, the first being described over 50 years ago. It is thought to be caused by a hypersensitive vagotonic reflex in response to esophageal dilation after swallowing. It can cause syncope due to complete atrioventricular (AV) block...
- Complicated acute type B dissection originating from an aberrant right subclavian artery. Di Stefano, Gioia; Murzi, Michele; Solinas, Marco; Glauber, Mattia // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Jul2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, pe20
The article presents a case study of a 39-year old man who has been admitted to a hospital with interscapular pain and dyspnoea. and mentions that diagnosis has revealed acute type B dissection originating from an aberrant right subclavian artery.
- Ruptured infected pseudoaneurysm of the thoracic aorta. Hussain, Mohamad Anas; Roche-Nagle, Graham // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/18/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 17, p130
The article describes the case of an 86-year-old woman who presented with back pain and general malaise after a fall. The woman had been suffering from hypertension, dyslipidemia and previous venous thromboembolism. The patient developed progressive dyspnea, dysphagia, and leukocytosis ten after...