BONUS SCHEMES: CASE STUDY - House of Fraser extends bonus scheme
- House of Fraser considers bonuses for shop floor staff. Golding, Nick // Employee Benefits;May2008, p7
The article reports on the plan of House of Fraser to extend bonus scheme benefit to chain's store-based sales assistants. The department store wants to help boost retention among specific employee base. It is thought that individual stores have been assigned performance targets linked to...
- Open plan. Carter, Caroline; Sandison, Kate // Lawyer;6/23/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 25, pE10
Focuses on the employer's right to retain a significant degree of discretion in the area of staff benefits or bonuses in Great Britain. Effect of the Employment Appeals Tribunal's decision in the Barton v. Investec Henderson Crosthwaite Securities Ltd.; Importance of including equal...
- HOLDING YOUR TOP TALENT. Perry, Phillip M. // Research Technology Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p26
Examines several policies and procedures used by employers to retain their top technical personnel. Benefits of compensations and rewards; Importance of money to solve the retention problem; Significance of entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Are incentives always incentives? Gorelick, Dick // American Printer;Feb2001, Vol. 226 Issue 5, p54
Explains the meaning and coverage of employee incentives. Definition of effective employee incentive; Information on incentives awards; Significance of employee incentives in personnel management.
- Motivating all workers. Milburn, Anita C.; Ianiro, Brenda // Workforce Management;10/23/2006, Vol. 85 Issue 20, p41
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Consider Employee Age When Choosing Awards," in the September 11, 2005 issue and "Human Resource Management: At the Table, or Under It," published in an issue.
- Use of various cash rewards, bonuses increasing. Carlson, Leah // Employee Benefit News;9/15/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p76
This article reports on increase in the use of cash bonuses and awards in today's workplaces as a means to retain talent, reward excellent work or promote employee referrals. About 36% of employers gave spot bonuses for good performance in 2004, a significant leap from 22% in 2003, according to...
- Joy to the workforce. Park, Cherry // Personnel Today;10/10/2006, p28
The article presents the author's comment on the planning of human resource professionals and benefits professionals to reward hard-working employees during festive occasions. These professionals have come up with a new idea of giving a wide range of yuletide incentives, rather than offering an...
- Focus on total employee rewards and effective communications key to corporate success. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;12/21/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p31
Information on the conference on compensation and benefits policies and trends sponsored by Hewitt Associates Inc. in Puerto Rico in 2006 is presented. Experts discussed the important factors in the management of company benefits, total employee rewards and internal communications. Renato...
- MOTIVATION: CASE STUDY - EasyJet. // Marketing Week (01419285);9/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 36, pS6
The article presents a case study of a motivation scheme launched by EasyJet Airline Co. Ltd. in Great Britain. To avail the Gem awards, which stands for going the extra mile, a nominated employee should have a behaviour that encapsulates the values of safety or customer service. The scheme...