Third-Degree Heart Block Associated with Bupivacaine Infusion Following Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Case Report
- Analgesia and functional outcome after total knee arthroplasty: periarticular infiltration vs continuous femoral nerve block. Carli, F.; Clemente, A.; Asenjo, J. F.; Kim, D. J.; Mistraletti, G.; Gomarasca, M.; Morabito, A.; Tanzer, M. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Aug2010, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p185
Background: Capacity to ambulate represents an important milestone in the recovery process after total knee arthroplasty (TKA). The purpose of this study was to determine the analgesic effect of two analgesic techniques and their impact on functional walking capacity as a measure of surgical...
- A novel standardized algorithm for evaluating patients with painful total knee arthroplasty using combined single photon emission tomography and conventional computerized tomography. Hirschmann, Michael T.; Iranpour, Farhad; Konala, Praveen; Kerner, Anna; Rasch, Helmut; Cobb, Justin P.; Friederich, Niklaus F. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jul2010, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p939
SPECT/CT is a promising diagnostic modality in patients with painful total knee arthroplasty (TKA). The purpose of this study is to introduce a novel standardized SPECT/CT algorithm and evaluate its clinical application and reliability. A novel SPECT/CT localization scheme consisting of 9...
- Articles and Commentary Regarding the Role of Local Analgesia in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Sculco, Thomas P. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;8/15/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 16, p1511
The article presents question and answers related to local analgesia in arthroplasty, including what is the effectiveness of an intra-articular anesthetic infusion after a total knee arthroplasty, whether periarticular infiltration analgesia provide better pain management than morphine, and what...
- UNICONDYLAR KNEE ARTHROPLASTY: A CEMENTLESS PERSPECTIVE. Forsythe, Micheal E.; Englund, Roy E.; Leighton, Ross K. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p417
Compares the results of cementless unicondylar knee arthroplasty with a similarly reported study in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Patient characteristics; Comparison of knee scores of knees with more than 1 millimeter of radiolucency versus knee with no radiolucency; Radiolucency of cemented and...
- Review of change scores indicates UKA and TKA are equally successful. Press, Robert // Orthopaedics Today Europe;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the clinical evaluation of unicompartmental arthroplasty (UKA) and total knee arthroplasty (TKA) and their clinical outcome scores involving change scores and raw postoperative scores.
- The Painful TKA: Diagnosis and Management. // Orthopedics;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p137
Presents a quiz about the diagnosis and management of painful total knee arthroplasty.
- TKA navigation yields greater tibial slope accuracy in prospective randomized study. // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the findings of Mark Widemschek of the Medical University of Innsbruck in Austria and colleagues that better tibial slope accuracy could be observed in 5-year computer navigated total knee arthroplasty (TKA) procedure.
- SELF ASSESSMENT. // Orthopedics;Jun2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p639
A quiz on ligament balancing in total knee replacement is presented.
- Erratum to: Risk Factors for Early Revision After Primary TKA in Medicare Patients. Bozic, Kevin; Lau, Edmund; Ong, Kevin; Chan, Vanessa; Kurtz, Steven; Vail, Thomas; Rubash, Harry; Berry, Daniel // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Sep2013, Vol. 471 Issue 9, p3061
A correction to the article "Risk Factors for Early Revision After Primary TKA in Medicare Patients" that was published in the June 18, 2013 issue is presented.