68-Year-Old Woman With Confusion
- Journal scan. Sander, Ruth // Nursing Older People;Sep2011, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p11
The article discusses studies on geriatric medicine published in medical journals as of September 2011. A study by D. Moyer showed that 85 to 90% of cancer patients experience delirium at end of life. Another study published in the "Journal of Advanced Nursing," shared the experiences of...
- RESEARCH BRIEFS. // GP: General Practitioner;9/7/2007, p2
The article offers news briefs related to medical research. A Scottish study has found that severity of obstructive lung disease (COPD) symptoms is related to levels of indoor air pollution. A study in the U.S. has shown that nicotine in breast milk causes sleep disruption in infants. According...
- Your letters. Lupton, Margaret; Young, Peter; Church, David; Procter, Julian // Update;Nov2006, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p47
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article on bipolar disorder by Paul McLaren in the October 2006 issue, and an article on prescribing oxygen in COPD in the October 2006 issue.
- Herbal Clippings. // American Herb Association Quarterly Newsletter;Summer2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p12
This section offers news briefs on herbs. A University of Pittsburgh study in Pensylvania showed the benefits of ashwagandha root and leaf extract (Withania somnifea) for people with bipolar disorder. Studies at the National University of Singapore showed that the herbal drug artesunate from...
- Budesonide/formoterol. // Reactions Weekly;Feb2014, Vol. 1489 Issue 1, p11
The article presents a case study of an 89-year-old man who experienced occurrences of delirium while treated with budesonide/formoterol for his chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Giant cell arteritis. Madan, Ritu; Drehmer, Timothy J.; Donnelly, Thomas J. // Geriatrics;Nov2000, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p75
Describes a patient with temporal arteritis who initially presented episodes of syncope accompanied by transient confusion. Details on the diagnosis; Treatment of the disease.
- Giant cell arteritis presentation can vary. Golnik, Carl C. // Ophthalmology Times;04/01/97, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p7
Discusses the varying signs and symptoms of giant cell arteritis (GCA) with three case studies presented. Contents of interview with suspected GCA patients; Laboratory examinations for GCA diagnosis; Effects of cortecosteroid treatment.
- Giant cell arteritis: Don't miss diagnosis. Sohan Singh, Hayreh // Ophthalmology Times;1/1/98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p7
Deals with the diagnosis of giant cell arteritis (GCA). Complications of the disease; Tendency of GCA to masquerade other diseases; Role of early diagnosis in GCA's management and blindness prevention; Implication of normal erythrocyte sedimentation rate on GCA.
- Giant-cell arteritis and hypothyroidism. // British Medical Journal;7/9/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6079, p99
Focuses on giant-cell arteritis and hypothyroidism. Association of giant-cell arteritis with hypothyroidism; Commonality of the disease among the aged; Coexistence of giant-cell and autoimmune thyroiditis with hypothyroidism.