Simultaneous Reconstruction of the Medial and Lateral Ligament Complexes of the Ankle Joint with Semitendinosus Tendon Allograft: A Case Report
- Acute Lateral Sprained Ankle Syndrome. Mabee, John; Mabee, Carol // Internet Journal of Family Practice;2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Acute lateral sprained ankle syndrome is one of the most commonly occurring musculoskeletal injuries worldwide. Approximately 85% of ankle sprains result from inversion injury of the plantarflexed foot causing damage primarily to the anterior talofibular and calcaneofibular ligaments. However,...
- Ankle ANGUISH. Swager, Peggy O. // American Fitness;May/Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p26
Provides information on ankle sprains. Risk factors of ankle sprain; Information on the different degrees of sprain; Prevention of ankle sprain.
- Sprain, Sprain, Go Away. Cimons, Marlene // Runner's World;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p36
Provides information on the prevention and treatment of ankle sprain.
- Best management of acute ankle sprain. // Critical Care Alert;May2009 Clinical Briefs in Primary, p9
The article reports on the effect of severe ankle sprain injury if left untreated on mobility.
- Managing ankle sprains. Garrick, James G.; Schelkun, Patrice Heinz // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Mar97, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p56
Presents tips on how to manage ankle sprains in athletes. Key decisions to be made by primary care physicians when a patient presents with a history of ankle injury; Clinical methods for assessing the injury; Tests for ankle instability like the anterior drawer and talar tilt tests; Importance...
- Chronic pain after ankle sprain. Grana, William A. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;May95, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p67
Discusses the differential diagnosis of chronic ankle pain after ankle sprain. Ankle as the most frequently injured joint in the lower extremity; Causes of chronic ankle pain; Medical history and physical exam; Diagnostic studies including X-ray, bone scan, computerized tomography (CT) and...
- Serial Testing of Postural Control After Acute Lateral Ankle Sprain. Hertel, Jay; Buckley, W.E.; Denegar, Craig R. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Oct-Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p363
Presents a study that identified subjects' changes in postural control during single-leg stance in the four weeks after acute lateral ankle sprain (LAS). Estimated recurrence rate of LAS; Calculation of center-of-pressure excursion (COPE) length, root square velocity of COPE and range of COPE...
- Factors Contributing to Chronic Ankle Instability: A Strength Perspective. Kaminski, Thomas W.; Hartsell, Heather D. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p394
Examines the concept of dynamic ankle stability. Details of several strength measurements for assessing ankle stability; Strength deficits in individuals with chronic ankle instability; Importance of muscle strengthening after lateral ankle sprain.
- Can Chronic Ankle Instability Be Prevented? Rethinking Management of Lateral Ankle Sprains. Denegar, Craig R.; Miller III, Sayers J. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p430
Examines lateral ankle sprains management and prevention. Relationship between mechanical and functional instability; Discussion on normal ankle mechanics, sequelae to lateral ankle sprain and abnormal ankle mechanics; Analysis of tissue healing and joint dysfunction.