Two Coincident Coronary Anomalies
- Coronary artery fistula; coronary computed topography -- The diagnostic modality of choice. Early, S. A.; Meany, T. B.; Fenlon, H. M.; Hurley, J. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2008, Vol. 3, Special section p1
Coronary artery fistulae (CAF) are rare anomalies. They are vascular communications between the coronary arteries and other cardiac structures, either cardiac chambers or great vessels. There can be considerable variation in the course of a coronary artery fistula. We report a case of a coronary...
- Prevalence of Congenital Coronary Artery Anomalies and Variants in 2697 Consecutive Patients Using 64-Detector Row Coronary CT-Angiography. Arjmand Shabestari, Abbas; Akhlaghpoor, Shahram; Tayebivaljozi, Reza; Fattahi Masrour, Farzaneh // Iranian Journal of Radiology;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p111
Background: Coronary artery anomalies are not common, but could be very serious. Objectives: This study determines the frequency of coronary anomalies and normal variants by multi-detector-row computed tomography (MDCT). Patients and Methods: The results of cardiac MDCT study in 2697 consecutive...
- Visualization of anomalous coronary arteries on dual-source computed tomography. Jonge, G. J.; Ooijen, P. M. A.; Piers, L. H.; Dikkers, R.; Tio, R. A.; Willems, T. P.; Heuvel, A. F. M.; Zijlstra, F.; Oudkerk, M. // European Radiology;Nov2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p2425
The purpose of this study is to assess the capability of dual-source computed tomography (DSCT) in evaluating coronary artery anomalies. Early detection and evaluation of coronary artery anomalies is essential because of their potential association with myocardial ischemia and sudden death. In...
- RECENT ADVANCES IN CORONARY MRA AND FLOW QUANTIFICATION. Firmin, D.N. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p6
Describes advances in coronary magnetic resonance angiography and flow quantification. Development of the segmented FLASH sequence in the late 1980s; Improvements in the efficiency of respiratory gating; Enhancement of gradient performance; Coronary flow techniques.
- CORONARY MRA. Duerinckx, A.J. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p48
Reports on the advances in the magnetic resonance (MR) angiography of coronary arteries. MR imaging sequences; Variations in MR techniques; Development of different magnetic resonance imaging techniques applied in the area.
- Incidental hyperdensity within esophagus on coronary CT angiography. Ozturk, Ersin; Kara, Kemal; Saglam, Muzaffer; Ozturker, Coskun // Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift;Dec2014, Vol. 126 Issue 23/24, p818
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the prevalence and clinical importance of incidentally detected non-coronary cardiovascular findings in patients who underwent coronary multidetector computed tomography angiography, which appeared in the previous issue.
- Successful closure for a case of congenital coronary artery fistula using a patent ductus arteriosus occluder. Gang Zhao; Heng Jin; Hongping Wu // Cardiology in the Young;10/06/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p97
We describe a case of transcatheter occlusion of a large and tortuose coronary artery fistula in an 8-year-old girl. During 2.5 yearsâ€™ of follow-up, she had no complaints and developed normally. This method of reserving the guide wire in cardiac catheterisation is extremely useful....
- Absence of left circumflex coronary artery: case report and minireview. Ercan, Suleyman; Sari, Ibrahim; Ozer, Orhan; Yuce, Murat; Davutoglu, Vedat // Advances in Interventional Cardiology;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p342
Absence of the left circumflex coronary artery (LCX) is a very rare coronary anomaly. The anomaly has been reported in only 0.003% of all patients who underwent routine coronary angiography. Although rare, the failure to visualize a coronary artery in its expected anatomical location might cause...
- Multidetector computed tomography imaging of coronary artery anomalies. Türkvatan, Aysel; Güray, Yeşim; Altınsoy, Dilek // Cardiology in the Young;Oct2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p661
PurposeThe purpose of the study was to determine the prevalence of coronary artery anomalies and to demonstrate in which cases multidetector computed tomography has an additional clinical value compared with the conventional angiography.Material and methodsA total of 2375 multidetector computed...