Taboo and Political Authority in Conservation Policy: A Case Study of the LicuÃ¡ti Forest in Maputaland, Mozambique
- 102nd Congress mixes action and delay. // National Parks;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 67 Issue 1/2, p10
Reports that with the elections and the economy occupying center stage, the 102nd Congress did not attain many landmarks in conservation, but did manage to achieve many important smaller measures. Establishment of the Dry Tortugas National Park in the Florida Keys; National Parks and...
- New conservation district for American Samoa. Berry-Brown, Kim // Soil & Water Conservation News;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p21
Announces that the country's newest conservation district is the American Samoa Soil and Water Conservation District. District board; District conservationist; Soil survey; Crops.
- Improved data gathering to aid 1992 NRI. Goebel, J. Jeffery; Harper, Marjorie // Soil & Water Conservation News;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Reports that the 1992 National Resources Inventory (NRI) effort will increase inventory efficiency and create a unique and powerful data base. Provision of the nation's conservation accomplishments; Collection of the NRI data; The 1934 National Erosion Reconnaissance Survey; Analyzing data; The...
- Chamber Action. // National Wetlands Newsletter;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p20
Looks at the points of contention in H.R.2646, Farm Security Act of 2001 both passed by the U.S. House and Senate. Opposition of the White House to many parts of the five-year $49 billion Senate bill.
- Carbon emissions: Loophole in forest plan for Indonesia. Edwards, David P.; Laurance, William F. // Nature;9/1/2011, Vol. 477 Issue 7362, p33
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the loopholes in the environmental conservation plan of Indonesia.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Algeria Country Review;2011, p191
The article offers information on the environmental challenges faced by countries worldwide as well as efforts made to protec the environment.
- Denmark going organic? // Multinational Monitor;Nov97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
Reports that Denmark is considering a total pesticide ban. Assessment initiated by the Danish government on the impact of a total pesticide ban; How a pesticide phase-out would affect Denmark's economy, environment and health.
- Top Watchdog. Schuit, Kathy Louise // New Mexico Business Journal;Nov2006, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p16
The article highlights initiatives of New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department Secretary Joanna Prukop to protect the environment. Her effort to implement the Roadless Area Conservation Rule has set him in a collision course against the industries her department regulates....
- Board Adopts Penalty Guidelines For Violations at Kealakekua Bay. Dawson, Teresa // Environment Hawai'i;Jan2010, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p11
The article focuses on the new civil penalty guidelines approved by the state Board of Land and Natural Resources, for minor violations at Kealakekua Bay on the island of Hawai'i. It states that the constant foot traffic and launching of vessels have already begun to harm cultural sites,...