Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: transient ischemic attacks
- OTHER NEWS. // MD Conference Express;
Two tables are presented which shows clinical outcomes of hemorrhages study and otcomes of prior stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA).
- Transient ischaemic attack. // Nursing Standard;12/13/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 14-16, p58
A quiz concerning the transient ischaemic attack is presented.
- Delivering High-Quality Stroke Care: A UK Perspective. Rudd, Anthony G. // Current Medical Literature: Stroke Review;2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p89
Summarizes the effects of a British national stroke program aiming to improve stroke care, focusing on audit and guidelines, and reports some of the recent audit results and changes to the recommendations made in guidelines in Great Britain. Lack of a randomized, controlled trial evidence to...
- Spotlight on cerebrovascular disorders. Strupp, Michael // Journal of Neurology;Mar2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p373
Discusses three different aspects of cerebrovascular disorders. Screening for intracranial aneurysms after subarachnoid hemorrhage and successful clipping; Diffusion-weighted imaging abnormalities and clinical characteristics in transient ischemic attack patients; Evaluation of the early...
- Incidence of first—ever ischemic stroke in the Canton Basle—City, Switzerland. Gostynski, Michal; Engelter, Stefan; Papa, Susanna; Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta; Gutzwiller, Felix; Lyrer, Philippe // Journal of Neurology;Jan2006, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p86
Our study sought to estimate the incidence rate of firstever ischemic stroke (FEIS) in the geographically wellâ€“defined population of the Canton Basleâ€“City, Switzerland. An oneâ€“year prospective populationâ€“based study among the permanent residents of the Canton...
- COMMENTARY: Adding aspirin to clopidogrel increased bleeding
without reducing recurrent ischemic vascular events in high-risk
patients. Hankey, Graeme J. // ACP Journal Club;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p68
The article presents a commentary on the study, which concluded that adding aspirin to clopidogrel increased bleeding without reducing recurrent ischemic vascular events in high-risk patients. The results of the MATCH trial are consistent with the known effects of aspirin in patients with TIA or...
- Cardiac rehabilitation programs benefit patients after mini or mild stroke. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p785
The article reports on the benefits of patients who have had transient ischemic attack (TIA) or mild, nondisabling stroke to participate in a traditional cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Restenosis After Carotid Endarterectomy. Terrence, C. F.; Rao, G. R. // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec1982, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p388
The recurrence of transient ischemic attacks (TIA's) after carotid endarterectomy is an unusual occurrence. We recently studied a patient who had restenosis and recurrence of TIA's months to years after three different carotid endarterectomies, all done on the same carotid bifurcation. This...
- Seek Treatment for depressive disorder Following TIA or Stroke. // Mind, Mood & Memory;Aug2012, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that debilitating depression often follows transient ischemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke. It cites a study which found that the risk of depression following stroke or TIA is high. Families of stroke and TIA patients are advised to educate themselves about depression and its...