Bet on this Horse
- Bus surveillance: how many and where cameras should be placed. Amriki, Khaled; Atrey, Pradeep // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Aug2014, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p1051
Public transport safety is an important issue that has recently gained substantial attention, especially with the increasing number of violent incidents occurring abroad. To avoid such incidents and to perform post-incident investigations, many buses today are equipped with surveillance cameras....
- X-RAY DETECTION. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that the X-ray detection system from American Science and Engineering Inc. was selected by the Customs Administration at Abu Dhabi in United Arab Emirates. It is stated that the technology will be used to scan cargo trucks, passenger vehicles and containers at strategic...
- How to Quicken the Pace of Analytics. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p103
The article discusses means on how to establish accurate and efficient video analytics systems. Product manager David Ngau at Honeywell Security stresses that analytics are not always necessary on all cameras at an installation but it provides more data to make correct decision. In addition, the...
- Case study: An integrator's challenge. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the problems encountered by integrators in installing integrated security systems. Problems in the design of integrated systems; Incompatibility of the manufacturers listed in the specification on the system; Technical complexity of integrated systems; Partial integration.
- Aristocrat Oasis 360 to deploy at Eastside Cannery Casino. // International Gaming & Wagering;Jul/Aug2008 Slot Manager, p7
The article reports on the incorporation of the Oasis 360 Casino Management System from Aristocrat Technologies Inc. in the operations of Eastside Cannery Casino Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The OASIS 360 will be used as business intelligence tool to perform in-depth analysis of their patrons,...
- Don't bet against the house. Mohney, Doug // Urgent Communications;Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses the digital-based video systems in casinos for surveillance. It mentions that in Las Vegas Strip, a casino can have 3,000 to 5,000 cameras recording people in hallways, shops and the casino floor as well as those on the streets outside. It also notes 24-hour monitoring and...
- Easy Touchup for Installers. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Presents ways to touchup scratches in installing security systems in the United States. Occurrence of scratches; Advice on fixing the scratches; Use of a wax furniture crayon for the scratches.
- Businesses on Sprague hope cameras cut crime. Burke, Anita // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pA8
Reports the plan of East Spokane Business Group to install security cameras on East Sprague Avenue in Washington. Purpose of the planned installation; Description and components of the camera; Role of law enforcers on the plan.
- Motorola system monitors high school. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p58
Reports the installation of integrated digital video systems by Motorola Multiservice Networks Division in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Features of the device; Use of device to monitor student activities of a Massachusetts High School.