ALTERNATIVES TO AUTOMATED PEOPLE-MOVER SYSTEMS FOR SMALL BUT DENSE POPULATED AREAS
- Tarrant County's largest moving companies. Rowe, Valerie E. // Business Press;01/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p14
Lists the largest moving companies in Tarrant County, Texas, ranked by number of local employees. Company name; Address; Telephone and fax numbers; E-mail address; Web site; Shipments in 1998; Percentage of residential/commercial/other work; Top local executive; Ownership affiliations;...
- All aboard the new deal for transport. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov98, p24
Focuses on White Paper called A New Deal For Transport which aims to reduce the number of unnecessary cars and lorries off the roads in Great Britain. Main points of the White Paper; Implications for anyone planning on moving goods or services around the road system; Views of the freight...
- From A Pick-Up To Two Men And A Truck. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/09/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, pB8
Features Grand Rapids, Michigan-based national moving company Two Men and A Truck. Company principals; Total number of franchises throughout the United States; Charitable contributions.
- Transportation. // Northern Ontario Business;Jan94, Vol. 14 Issue 3, Directory '94 p54
Presents a directory of transportation companies in Northern Ontario. Location; Name; Contact information.
- U.S. appeals court voids punitive damages in NAVL agent case; movers hail precedent. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;8/8/94, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the court decision prohibiting shippers from collecting punitive damages in negligence cases. Precedent case for the household-goods moving industry; Background of the case. INSET: Busy summer swamps movers..
- Tanking Out. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;5/13/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 19, p29
Focuses on the disputes related to car storage policies in the U.S. Protest and petition for investigation between Chlorine Institute Inc. and Union Pacific; Efforts of Surface Transportation Board to reduce congestion and facilitate yard and terminal fluidity; Impact of the policies on...
- Tank fleets show off in Houston. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Dec2003, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p54
Highlights the 14th annual Southern Bulk Carriers Day at the Sam Houston Race Park in Houston, Texas. Approximate number of people attending the event; Participation of Exxon Mobil Corp. and other major companies; Exhibitions of tanker and container fleets; Awards and recognitions.
- Revenues and income improve for carriers. // Transportation & Distribution;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the increase in net income of motor carriers of property in the United States during the third quarter of 1994. Data from the Transportation Technical Services; Revenues; Operating expenses; Overall operating ratio.
- Quality Competition and Regulatory Reform: New Evidence on The Impact of the Household Goods Transportation Act of 1980. Thomas, Janet M. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Summer90, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p42
Assesses the impact of Household Goods Transportation Act (HGTA), 1980 on the moving trade industry in the U.S. Distinctive features of the moving trade industry; Evidence of regulatory constraints on market performance; Link between regulatory constraints and carrier behavior with respect to...