45-Year-Old Woman With Recurrent Headache and Photophobia
- A Temporal Analysis of Acyclovir Inhibition of Induced Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 In Vivo... Sawtell, N.M.; Bernstein, David I.; Stanberry, Lawrence R. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;9/1/99, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p821
Presents a temporal analysis of acyclovir inhibition of induced herpes simplex virus type 1 in vivo reactivation in the mouse trigeminal ganglia. Factor that influence the efficacy of acyclovir; Resulting reduction in reactivation following the administration of the antiviral compound.
- Bel's Palsy: Diagnosis and Management. Tiemstra, Jeffrey D.; Khatkhate, Nandini // American Family Physician;10/1/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p997
Bell's palsy is a peripheral palsy of the facial nerve that results in muscle weakness on one side of the face. Affected patients develop unilateral facial paralysis over one to three days with forehead involvement and no other neurologic abnormalities. Symptoms typically peak in the first week...
- Aurelius E et al (Clin Infect Dis 2012; 54:1304â€“13). // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Aug2012, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p478
A correction to the article "Long-term valaciclovir suppressive treatment after herpes simplex virus type 2 meningitis: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial" that was published in the May 1, 2012 issue is presented.
- Analysis of Candidate-Host Immunogenetic Determinants in Herpes Simplex Virus-Associated... Yi-Wei Tang; Cleavinger, Peter J.; Haijjing Li; Mitchell, P. Shawn; Smith, Thomas F.; Persing, David H. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p176
Examines a sample of predominantly female patients with recurrent aseptic meningitis Mollaret's meningitis or (MM) that is associated with herpes simplex virus (HSV)-caused infection. Diagnosis of HSV type 2 in all the patients; Evidence of an association between women with HSV 2 and...
- Biochemical Characterization of a Virus Isolate, Recovered from a Patient with Herpes Keratitis, That Was Clinically Resistant to Acyclovir. Sarisky, Robert T.; Cano, Rachel; Nguyen, Tammy T.; Wittrock, Robert J.; Duffy, Karen E.; Clark, Phil; Bartus, Joan O.; Bacon, Teresa H.; Caspers-Velu, Laure; Hodinka, Richard L.; Leary, Jeffry J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/15/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p2034
In vitro susceptibility assays of herpes simplex virus (HSV) do not necessarily correlate with treatment outcome. An HSV type 1 (HSV-1) isolate, N4, recovered from a patient who presented with herpes keratitis with localized immunosuppression, was characterized for susceptibility. Although the...
- Recurrent Disease Marked by Headaches. Chia Wang // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p205
Presents a medical case of a patient diagnosed with benign recurrent aseptic meningitis in association with herpes simplex virus 2 infection. Infectious causes of acute aseptic meningitis; Herpesviruses in central nervous system disease; Diagnostic tests.
- Herpes simplex virus type 2-associated recurrent aseptic (Mollaret's) meningitis in genitourinary medicine clinic: a case report. Abou-Foul, Ahmad K.; Buhary, Thajunisha M.; Gayed, Sedki L. // International Medical Case Reports Journal;2014, Vol. 7, p31
Introduction: Cases of idiopathic recurrent benign aseptic meningitis were first described by Mollaret. Today, herpes simplex virus (HSV) is considered the cause of most cases of Mollaret's meningitis. Case report: A 40-year-old male was referred to our genitourinary medicine clinic with...
- Recurrent Benign Lymphocytic Meningitis. Shalabi, Marwan; Whitley, Richard J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2006, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p1194
Recurrent benign lymphocytic meningitis is a recurring, typically innocuous, painful form of aseptic meningitis. This syndrome is associated with transient neurological symptoms in one-half of afflicted patients. The causative agent is usually herpes simplex virus type 2, which can be confirmed...
- Rezidivierende Kopfschmerz-episoden. Preissler, C.; Gössi, U.; Eichhorn, P. // Praxis (16618157);3/16/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p367
No abstract available.