2007 - Review: Fluid resuscitation with colloids does not reduce mortality more than crystalloids in critically ill patients
- LDB-CPR. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1309
A definition of the acronym "LDB-CPR," which refers to load-distributing band cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is presented.
- CPR: How you can learn to save a life. // Charlotte Post;7/5/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p1B
The article provides information on statistics, guidelines and new recommendations for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- LIFE SAVING News. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p58
The article offers guidelines for doing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Neuron-specific enolase serum levels predict severe neuronal injury after extracorporeal life support in resuscitationâ€ . Floerchinger, Bernhard; Philipp, Alois; Foltan, Maik; Keyser, Andreas; Camboni, Daniele; Lubnow, Matthias; Lunz, Dirk; Hilker, Michael; Schmid, Christof // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Mar2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p496
OBJECTIVES Extracorporeal life support (ECLS) is a rescue option in critically ill patients. Since fast available and appropriate for respiratory and circulatory failure, it is frequently applied in resuscitation scenarios. Neurological injury is a complication common in ECLS patients limiting...
- A final question: witnessed resuscitation. McLaughlin, Kieran; Gillespie, Mark // Emergency Nurse;Apr2007, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
The article examines the literature pertaining to witnessed resuscitation of critically ill patients. Witnessed resuscitation is made with the presence of family members in a location that gives visual or physical contact with a patient during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It cites the...
- Basic life support. Reynolds, Elizabeth // Nursing Standard;1/6/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p59
The article discusses the author's view of the importance of having nursing students learn basic life support (BLS) techniques for use in the clinical practice area. She reviews the role of the multidisciplinary response team in any acute hospital emergency and stresses the importance of...
- CPR Often Needed Closer To Home Than You May Think. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Encourages the public to have a knowledge on cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- CPR. // Child Life;Sep2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p19
Presents information on cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- NEW CPR SAVES LIVES. Ashford, Molika // Science World;3/7/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p5
The article offers information on guidelines for cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) that skip mouth-to-mouth and requires only chest compression on cardiac arrest victims.