2007 - Cetuximab improved overall survival in colorectal cancer patients in whom other treatments had failed
- Cetuximab/panitumumab. // Reactions Weekly;1/30/2016, Vol. 1586 Issue 1, p82
An abstract of the article "Emergence of KRAS mutations and acquired resistance to anti-EGFR therapy in colorectal cancer" by S. Misale and others is presented.
- Multiple Cancer Foci in the Colon of a Man with Operated Rectum Carcinoma. Köklü, Seyfettin; Akbal, Erdem; Demirel, Arif Hakan; Gönültaş, Mehmet Alpaslan // American Surgeon;Sep2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p1021
A letter to the editor is presented about a case study of multiple cancer foci in the colon of a patient with operated rectum carcinoma.
- 2007 - Adjuvant chemotherapy increased survival in colorectal cancer patients with low recurrence risk. Koretz, Ronald L. // ACP Journal Club;5/20/2008, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p5
The article presents information on a case study that was conducted to assess whether adjuvant chemotherapy increases survival rate in patients with resected colorectal cancer. About 3239 patients in the age group of 23 and 86 were included in the study. The study reveals that chemotherapy...
- Docetaxel plus cetuximab as second-line treatment for docetaxel-refractory oesophagogastric cancer: the AGITG ATTAX2 trial. Tebbutt, N C; Parry, M M; Zannino, D; Strickland, A H; Van Hazel, G A; Pavlakis, N; Ganju, V; Mellor, D; Dobrovic, A; Gebski, V J // British Journal of Cancer;3/5/2013, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p771
Background:Cetuximab can reverse chemotherapy resistance in colorectal cancer. This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of the combination of docetaxel and cetuximab as a second-line treatment in docetaxel-refractory oesophagogastric cancer.Methods:Patients received docetaxel 30 mg mâˆ’2...
- Cetuximab/panitumumab. // Reactions Weekly;3/7/2009, Issue 1242, p14
The article describes the clinical cases of four patients who developed infusion reactions, acneiform rash and coarser eyelashes and eyebrows while under cetuximab regimen for metastatic colorectal cancer. All patients underwent adjuvant chemotherapy before receiving cetuximab. One of them...
- Cetuximab-based therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: a meta-analysis of the effect of K-ras mutations. Ibrahim, Ezzeldin M.; Zekri, Jamal M.; Sadiq, Bakr M. Bin // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Jun2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p713
Cetuximab has a favorable effect on patients with metastatic colorectal cancer harboring wild K-ras gene. This meta-analysis was planned to quantify the benefit. A meta-analysis of clinical studies that have used cetuximab-based therapy (CBT) for patients with known K-ras status. There were four...
- Antineoplastics/folinic acid. // Reactions Weekly;Jun2015, Vol. 1554 Issue 1, p27
An abstract of the article "A case of colon cancer with multiple liver metastases showing a long-term response following first-line therapy," by H. Sawami and colleagues is presented.
- A Rewarding Medical Internship - Documenting the Case of a Colorectal Cancer Patient with Hematochezia and Melena. Xinzhu Wang // Western Undergraduate Research Journal: Health & Natural Science;Summer2013, Vol. 4, p1
During the summer of 2011, I was a medical intern at 463rd People's Liberal Army (PLA) Hospital in China. The experience did not only challenge me academically, but it also helped me mature as a person. My beginning of this learning journey was filled with setbacks and criticism that...
- A necrotising soft tissue infection of the lower limb due to a perforated caecal carcinoma: report of a rare case. Timbrell, Simon J.; Straiton, David; Breaks, Elliot; Sillah, Karim; Khan, Neil // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Introduction We report the first case to our knowledge where an ascending colorectal tumour presented as a necrotising lower leg infection. Case presentation We describe the unusual presentation of a previously unknown caecal carcinoma in a 69- year-old Caucasian man, which presented as a...