Tinnitus Case Studies
- Progressive Audiologic Tinnitus Management. Henry, James A.; Zaugg, Tara L.; Myers, Paula J.; Schechter, Martin A. // ASHA Leader;6/17/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p14
This article advises audiologists in the treatment of tinnitus through progressive audiologic tinnitus management. A diagnostic process entailing triage, hearing assessment, education, reevaluation of severity, and individual management strategies for tinnitus is discussed. Boundaries between...
- "How to..." & case studies. // Hearing Review;Jul2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p26
The article discusses the different aspects of hearing healthcare. Particular focus is given to the presentation of different topics including hearing aid applications, diagnostics, fitting, use of Websites and other tools, and the properties and innovations in hearing aids and other devices....
- Computer-based tinnitus evaluation system. Lay, Jonathan; Nunley, James // Hearing Instruments;Mar96, p46
Describes the design of a computer-based clinical tinnitus evaluation system that features a graphic user interface, automatic record keeping and portability. Employment of technology developed by the Computerized Auditory Research Laboratory; Components of the tinnitus evaluation system;...
- Canadian Commitment. // Hearing Review;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p61
The article presents revolutionary audiology services offered by Innovative Hearing Solutions, an initiative by Cherly L. Morehouse. Morehouse developed an acute appreciation for the challenges faced by deaf and hard of hearing people. The firm is a fixture in the east Canadian provinces of New...
- Oticon Medical Has a New Facebook Page for Patients and Families. // Hearing Review;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p72
The article presents reports of launching of a new Facebook page by Oticon Medical, designed to help people with bone anchored hearing solutions and their families to share experiences and talk to other users in an open and friendly forum.
- To Hear or Not to Hear. Lane, Kari R.; Conn, Vicki S. // Research in Gerontological Nursing;Apr2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p79
The author reflects on the persistent problem of hearing aid disuse among older adults who have difficulty adjusting to the devices. She cites several reasons for low hearing aid use after purchase, including the alleged failure of the devices to perform in the manner they expected. She provides...
- My Motherâ€™s Social Isolation. Versenyi, Andrea // Hearing Loss Magazine;May/Jun2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p13
No abstract available.
- Walking in Momâ€™s Shoes. Beadle, Leslie // Hearing Loss Magazine;May/Jun2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p15
No abstract available.
- Reconnecting Patients with Life - One Patient at a Time. // Hearing Review;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p64
The article illustrates the Solomon approach as practicing audiologist to help patients with moderate to severe hearing loss citing several case studies. Solomon took the private practice plunge, creating Hearing Care Resources in 2009. The Sound Suite, a surround sound listening room and...