Rash and Testicular Swelling
- RADIOLOGICAL CASE OF THE MONTH. Rizvi, Manzar H.; Murphy, Timothy J.; Jadhav, Yashodeep P. // Applied Radiology;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p42
Presents a case study of an aged man diagnosed with polyorchidism or testicular duplication. Medical history of the patient; Clinical manifestations of polyorchidism; Radiographic imaging findings on the patient.
- Testicular Microlithiasis: Another Starry Sky Appearance. Onitilo, Adedayo A. // Clinical Medicine & Research;Oct2007, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p163
The article provides information on testicular microlithiasis (TM) which, according to the author, is a relatively rare condition identified in approximately 0.6% of testicular ultrasonograms. It mentions that classic TM occurs if there is at least a single ultrasound image that distinguishes...
- Scrotal ultrasound. Desai, K. M.; Gingell, J. C.; Haworth, J. M. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1985, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p710
Scrotal ultrasonography has been performed in 105 men with a variety of intrascrotal conditions. The range of pathology interpreted by this technique is presented and its diagnostic accuracy evaluated. The clinical application and usefulness of this noninvasive method of imaging scrotal contents...
- Transverse testicular ectopia: a rare association with inguinal hernia. Dahal, Prakash; Koirala, Rabin; Subedi, Neeraj // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Oct2014, Vol. 2014 Issue 10, p1
Transverse testicular ectopia (TTE) is a rare anomaly that is commonly associated with inguinal hernia. Most of the reported cases are in children with very few reported cases in adults. We report a case of 42 years, fertile male, who presented with left reducible inguinal hernia. During...
- Sonographic localization of nonpalpable testis: Tracking the cord technique. Vijayaraghavan, S. Boopathy // Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging;May2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p134
Objective: To evaluate the value of USG as a diagnostic tool to locate nonpalpable testis (NPT), using a new technique of tracking the spermatic cord. Materials and Methods: This technique was used in 197 instances of NPT over a period of 7 years. The presence or absence of the cord in the...
- Malignant mesothelioma of the tunica vaginalis testis. Mak C W; Cheng T C; Chuang S S; Wu R H; Chou C K; Chang J M // British Journal of Radiology;Sep2004, Vol. 77 Issue 921, p780
Malignant mesothelioma of the tunica vaginalis is rare, and is usually not diagnosed until surgery is undertaken. Reports on the ultrasound features of this tumour are limited. We present an unusual case with ultrasound features mimicking an adenomatoid tumour.
- Reduce your risk. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct94, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p45
Suggests that caloric restriction may be effective in reducing the occurrence of testicular cancer. Scientific studies on rats conducted by the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Adverse effects of endocrine disruptors on the foetal testis development: focus on the phthalates. Habert, René; Muczynski, Vincent; Lehraiki, Abdelali; Lambrot, Romain; Lécureuil, Charlotte; Levacher, Christine; Coffigny, Hervé; Pairault, Catherine; Moison, Delphine; Frydman, René; Rouiller-Fabre, Virginie // Folia Histochemica et Cytobiologica;2009, Vol. 47 Issue 5, pS67
There are great concerns about the increasing incidence of abnormalities in male reproductive function. Human sperm counts have markedly dropped and the rate of testicular cancer has clearly augmented over the past four decades. Moreover, the prevalence rates of cryptorchidism and hypospadias...
- Malformations of the genitalia in male Phlebotomus papatasi (Scopoli) (Diptera: Psychodidae). Guernaoui, S.; Ramaoui, K.; Rahola, N.; Barnabe, C.; Sereno, D.; Boumezzough, A. // Journal of Vector Ecology;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p13
Phlebotomus papatasi (Scopoli, 1786) (Diptera: Psychodidae) is a major vector of Leishmania major (Kinetoplastida: Trypanosomatidae), a causative agent of zoonotic cutaneous leishmaniasis. Morphological characters of sand fly genitalia are key indicators for species identification. Various...