EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT
- A not so uncommon cause of abdominal pain. Spiller, Robin // Gut;Jul2008, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p877
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a 53-year-old male hypertensive smoker with a 1-day history of sudden onset left iliac fossa pain with nausea is presented.
- Kick Cramps to the Curb. Quintana, Gabby // New Moon;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses the important role of menstrual cramps in keeping one's body healthy.
- CRAMPS: WHEN TO CALL YOUR M.D. // Redbook;Mar2001, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p29
Provides information on the different instances when cramps due to menstruation should be checked by physicians.
- GP Business: A twist in the nativity tale. Lee, Rupert // GP: General Practitioner;12/17/2004, p39
This article presents information regarding the experience of the author who is a general practitioner. Six months ago, a patient, who the author will call Mary, came to see him as a temporary resident, complaining of nausea and amenorrhoea. She said she was suffering from terrible abdominal...
- Your period: How normal is it? Hoffman, Eileen // Cosmopolitan;Mar1995, Vol. 218 Issue 3, p250
Reports on the nature of menstrual problems. Four stages of a menstrual cycle; Chemical phenomenon which causes menstrual synchrony; Self-help for premenstrual symptoms; Dysmenorrhea; Investigating the sources of amenorrhea; Primary amenorrhea; Irregular periods.
- Bad periods: New ways to control cramps and PMS. Colino, Stacey // Redbook;Dec97, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p50
Discusses the findings of a research and presents several ways in treating premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menstrual cramps. Rate of occurrence of PMS in women; Drugs for treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PDD); Tips on alleviating symptoms of PMS; Strategies in dealing with menstrual...
- Education: Red flag symptoms - Blurred vision. // GP: General Practitioner;1/12/2015, p1
It is essential to understand what the patient means by blurred vision, explains Dr Pipin Singh.
- VARENICLINE EFFECT FOR SMOKING CESSATION. // Pulse;1/18/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p32
The article cites a US study on the effectivity of Varenicline in maintaining smoking cessation. It featured long term adult smokers who were randomized to take prescribed dosages of various drugs including Varenicline and Bupropion. A year after the study, it revealed that 14 percent who took...
- Pain: Chief complaint during heavy periods. // Contraceptive Technology Update;Sep2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p105
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Results of a new survey indicate that in women experiencing heavy periods, pain is the most commonly reported problem. â€¢ Obstetrical conditions, medications, systemic conditions, cervical abnormalities, and other abnormalities may cause excessive uterine bleeding....