Forest Hill Paper Company
- Strategic sourcing: a progressive approach to the make-or-buy decision. Welch, James A.; Ranganathan Nayak, P. // Executive (19389779);Feb1992, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p23
Historically, many firms have made sourcing decisions commonly known as make-or-buy decisions based disproportionately on unit cost, with insufficient regard for strategic or technological issues. This cost-focused approach has led to competitive tragedy for many firms, indeed, entire...
- Not liable. Paskell-Mede, Mindy // CA Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p42
Comments on two Quebec Superior Court cases, wherein accountants have been exonerated from liability, in judgments holding that their clients' expectations were unreasonable. Case analysis of Demers et al. v. Allaire et al; Review of the case R.M.A Restaurant Management Ltd. v. Ronald E....
- Losses from property. // Accountancy;Oct94, Vol. 114 Issue 1214, p81
Presents information on cases involving accountancy. Losses from property; Interest on brewery loan.
- The chicken or the egg? Spurgin, Ralph E. // Credit World;Mar1991, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p17
Part II. Presents the Time1/Time2 study, a study which has applicability beyond demonstrating incremental sales to senior management and it is also a method that can be used to help set cut-off scores. Basis that cut-off score should be set; Five methods on how to do a Time1/Time2 study in...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug1997, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p77
Presents case studies on issues concerning accounting as of August 1997. Includes the responsibilities of service companies cited in the case, Dosike Pty. Ltd. v. Johnson; Matrimonial property accounting regulations in the case, Lemon v. Lemon; Guarantee lapses in the case, Carter Holt v. McKernan.
- Virtues in Conflict. // Strategic Finance;Jul2007, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p54
The article presents the winning article from the Carl Menconi Case Writing Competition. The article, "Virtues in Conflict," was written by Elizabeth Dunn, a certified public accountant, and addresses issues of ethics in accounting.
- CREATING A LEAN ENTERPRISE. Brewer, Peter C.; Kennedy, Frances A. // Strategic Finance;Sep2005, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p45
The article presents a case study pertaining to cost-cutting measures employed by firms. In the study a new plant manager was hired by a firm suffering from declining profits and margins, excessive waste, and unsatisfactory on-time customer delivery performance. The new manager abandoned the...
- The ethical dilemma at Northlake. Russell, Grant // CMA Magazine;Mar1993, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p13
Presents a case study reflecting the dilemma that management accountants are more prone to face in Canada. Disagreement with company report for submission to legislative committee; Long career with the company; Northlake's total dependence on the company; Promise of promotion.
- The dilemma at Northlake: Here's your reaction (Part I). Russell, Grant // CMA Magazine;May93, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the readers' reactions to the Northlake ethics case mentioned in CMA magazine, March 1993 issue. Responses from every region in Canada and from every types of organization; Senior management as the largest group; Suggestion of proactivity made by eighty percent of respondents; Other...