Invasive Group-A Streptococcal Infection in an Allograft Recipient
- implantation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1167
Definitions of the term "implantation" are presented, including the grafting of tissue or the insertion of an organ in the body.
- Correction. // Ocular Surgery News;11/10/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p3
A correction to the article "Posterior Auricular Muscle Complex Graft Can Be Used for Ocular Implants" that was published in the September 25, 2009 issue is presented.
- Arthroscopy as a diagnostic tool for painful trunnion corrosion after hip arthroplasty. Whitehouse, Michael; Duncan, Clive // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p2601
Purpose : Adverse local soft tissue reactions can occur in response to wear debris or corrosion products released from total hip arthroplasty (THA). Hip arthroscopy is a useful diagnostic adjunct in the investigation of painful THA. Methods: A patient with a painful primary metal-on-highly...
- Evaluating the clinical significance of erythema nodosum. Cowan, Jennifer Tursi; Graham, Mark G.; Russell, Julia M. // Patient Care;Nov2005, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p56
The article provides information on erythema nodosum, a skin condition characterized by inflammatory, subcutaneous rash on the extensor surfaces of the legs. Pediatric erythema nodosum is associated with streptococcal infections, while in adults it is caused by sarcoidosis. Erythema nodosum is...
- Evaluating the clinical significance of erythema nodosum. Cowan, Jennifer Tursi; Graham, Mark G. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the clinical significance of erythema nodosum (EN). More than half EN cases are idiopathic or appear in patients who have evidence of streptococcal infection, while as many as 40% are caused by drug reaction, sarcoidosis, neoplasia, nonstreptococcal infection, or...
- erythema marginatum. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p281
An encyclopedia entry for "erythema marginatum" is presented. It is a pink rash that appears and disappears spontaneously and may affect any area of the body except the face. The disorder is also a characteristic sign of rheumatic fever.
- erythema nodosum. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p281
An encyclopedia entry for "erythema nodosum" is presented. It is a condition characterized by reddish-purple, tender swellings on the legs, and usually associated with another illness. The disorder is commonly caused by streptococcal infection of the throat and linked to other diseases such as...
- Noninfectious inflammatory reaction to a gold weight eyelid implant: A case report and literature review. Iordanous, Yiannis; Evans, Brian // Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery;Autumn2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p199
Upper eyelid loading with a gold weight is a generally well-tolerated procedure that helps reduce corneal exposure in patients with lagophthalmos. Complications of this procedure are infrequent. The authors present a rare case of a noninfectious inflammatory response to an eyelid gold weight...
- Invasive Streptococcus pyogenes After Allograft Implantation --- Colorado, 2003. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;12/5/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 48, p1173
Describes a case of invasive group A streptococcus (GAS) infection associated with a contaminated muscoskeletal allograft. Information on a 17-year old male who suffered complications after undergoing a ligament repair with a hemi-patellar tendon allograft at a surgical center in Colorado;...