Sevoflurane Anaesthesia in a Patient with Renal Transplantation: Case Report and Literature Review
- Pitfall of bispectral index during intraoperative seizure. Hyungdong Kim; Sae Young Kim // Korean Journal of Anesthesiology;Nov2013, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p449
We report a case of a 42-year-old male who developed generalized tonic-clonic seizure with sudden, brief decrease in bispectral index (BIS) value while undergoing emergency kidney transplantation. Few reports have been made on intraoperative pitfall of BIS value associated with seizure. This...
- Colonic Perforation by a Dormant Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Post Renal Transplantation. Trivedi, Hemali; Tan, Henkie P.; Morgan, Claire; Shapiro, Ron; Basu, Amit // American Surgeon;Aug2010, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p908
The article focuses on the pathological aspects of colonic perforation. It mentions that colonic perforation is considered as the most common complication of leaving peritoneal dialysis (PD) catheter in place after an immediate posttransplant period. It cites a case study of a 31-year-old man...
- Visualizing BK virus nephropathy. Tourret, Jérôme; Mercadal, Lucile; Penna, Raphaële Renard; Brochériou, Isabelle; Barrou, Benoit // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Apr2010, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p185
The article presents a case study of a 55-year-old man who underwent a kidney transplantation in June 2008 and was pronounced with lymphocytic interstitial infiltrates after the biopsy due to the deterioration of kidney function.
- Gastrosquisis: reducciÃ³n en la sala de operaciÃ³n y su manejo anestÃ©sico. Caso clÃnico. López-Castruita, Víctor; Suárez-Ocampo, Istmari; Aquino-Tamayo, Blanca // Revista Mexicana de Anestesiologia;ene-mar2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p41
We present the case of a 26-year-old woman with a 34-week pregnancy in whom cesarean is projected, the newborn diagnosis was gastroschisis. Reduction of the abdominal defect was made in the operating room by Simil-Exit technique; maternal anesthetic management was performed under epidural...
- PRZEWLEKÅA DIALIZOTERAPIA U DZIECI - LECZENIE OSTATNIEJ SZANSY CZY TERAPIA DAREMNA - OPIS PRZYPADKU. Jander, Anna; Tkaczyk, Marcin // Przeglad Pediatryczny;2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p221
Recent developments in renal replacement therapy have substantially increased treatment options in children with chronic renal failure. Some of them have severe, congenital and acquired dysfunction and malformation of the central nervous system and they are completely dependent from their...
- A rare cause of chylous ascites. Chen, Yi-Ting; Chen, Yung-Ming // Clinical Kidney Journal;Feb2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p71
We report a patient with end-stage renal disease status after two renal transplantations. Milky-like ascites was noted since the immunosuppressant agent was switched to sirolimus (1 mg/day). Chylous ascites was diagnosed owing to the triglyceride of dialysate to serum being 15.98:15.99. Series...
- Dual Kidney Transplantation: Case Report. // Collegium Antropologicum;Jun2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p697
No abstract available.
- Patients Seldom Opt for Peritoneal Dialysis. // Renal & Urology News;Nov2010, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p31
The article focuses on the study of the preference for peritoneal dialysis (PD) of patients who undergo dialysis in the U.S. which revealed PD is less chosen by most of the patient who undergo renal replacement therapy.
- Early graft function and patient survival following cadavertic renal transplantation. WOO, Y. MUN; JARDINE, ALAN G.; CLARK, ALAN F.; MACGREGOR, MARK S.; BOWMAN, ADRIAN W.; MACPHERSON, STUART G.; BRIGGS, J. DOUGLAS; JUNOR, BRIAN J.R.; MCMILLAN, MARGARET A.; RODGER, R. STUART C.; Woo, Y. Mun // Kidney International;Feb1999, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p692
Early graft function and patient survival following cadaveric renal transplantation. Background. The influence of events that occur early following renal transplantation such as delayed graft function (DGF) and acute rejection on long-term graft survival has been widely reported, but its...