MOSFETs: Increased Efficiency In Bridge Rectifiers
- Ultra Low Power Electronics (ULPE). Bozeman, Eric; Neff, Joseph // AIP Conference Proceedings;4/19/2011, Vol. 1339 Issue 1, p282
No abstract available.
- Low Voltage Squarer Using Floating Gate MOSFETs. Pandey, Rishikesh; Gupta, Maneesha // International Journal of Electronics, Circuits & Systems;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p53
A new low-voltage floating gate MOSFET (FGMOS) based squarer using square law characteristic of the FGMOS is proposed in this paper. The major advantages of the squarer are simplicity, rail-to-rail input dynamic range, low total harmonic distortion, and low power consumption. The proposed...
- Motivating two-port network analysis through elementary and advanced examples. Elwakil, A. S. // International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education;Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p404
We seek to motivate the use of two-port network circuit analysis techniques by proposing two examples: one is elementary, the other is advanced. In particular, we start by deriving the transmission matrices for small-signal equivalent models of the BJT and MOS transistors. We then proceed to the...
- MOSFETs Support sub-1-V Power Supplies. // Power Electronics Technology;Jun2006, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p11
The article features the ALD114804/ ALD114804A and ALD114904A. These are n-channel matched-pair EPAD depletion-mode Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistors(MOSFET) arrays offered in quad or dual versions and in PDIP or SOIC packages. These MOSFET arrays enable circuits to operate in...
- The Analysis of Dead Time on Switching Loss in High and Low Side MOSFETs of ZVS Synchronous Buck Converter. Yahaya, N. Z.; Lee, M. K.; Begam, K. M.; Awan, M. // International Journal on Control System & Instrumentation;Jun2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p6
This work is about the analysis of dead time variation on switching losses in a Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS) synchronous buck converter (SBC) circuit. In high frequency converter circuits, switching losses are commonly linked with high and low side switches of SBC circuit. They are activated...
- Electronic Circuit Breaker Senses RDS(ON) Voltage Drops, Eliminating Sense Resistor. // Electronic Design;5/26/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p30
Discusses the ability of Linear Technology Corp.'s LTC4213 electronic circuit breaker to sense the drop across the on-resistance in the external MOSFET.
- Digitally managed power circuits. Cleveland, Terry // EDN;10/25/2007, Vol. 52 Issue 22, p59
The article deals with the integration of digital features into power circuits. Among the digital features are host communications, output-voltage/current programming, and fault diagnostics and management. Analog components and features include metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor...
- Gate Drive Transformer Circuit Maintains Fast Turn-Off Time. Mally, Rick // Electronic Design;10/20/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p76
The article describes a gate drive transformer circuit (GDT) which drives half-bridge power circuits. It presents a design of GDT providing the metal oxide semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFET) drive signals while maintaining a fast turn-off time. It also illustrates a typical...
- Three-phase bridge. // Design News;9/18/89, Vol. 45 Issue 18, p137
Features the power MOSFET, Three-Phase Bridge power module encased in a space-saving isolated package called the ICePAK from the Semiconductor Products Sector of Motorola Inc.