ELDERLY MAN IN GRIEF OVER WIFE'S DEATH AFTER OPERATION
- Coping with Death: Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement. Zilberfein, Felice // Generations;Spring99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p69
Explores how to cope with the death of a loved one. Factors that make poor outcomes of bereavement more likely; High-risk factors to be aware of; Interventions and practice implications.
- Mourning Becomes Eclectic. Walsh, Meeka // Border Crossings;Nov2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of mourning the death of her dog.
- Perinatal bereavement. Bourne, Stanford; Lewis, Emanuel // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/18/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6786, p1167
Reports milestones in the management of perinatal bereavement among parents in Great Britain. Initial reactions of women suffering from a stillbirth death; Kinds of psychological problems attributed to stillbirth death; Implication of counselling for resolving stillbirth bereavement.
- Bereavement. Sheldon, Frances // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/07/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7129, p456
Discusses the important aspects of the bereavement process. Stages of the grief process; Factors associated with the poor outcome of bereavement; Assessment of complicated grief; Vulnerable group mostly affected by the grieving process.
- Breakfast. Lundeen, Olivia O. // Hurricane Alice;Spring1988, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p6
Relates the experience of the author, about the death of her mother. Effect of her mother's death to the family; Mourning of the family; Relationship of the family members.
- The Stars That Shine. Cooper, Miriam // Mushing Magazine;
The author presents a personal narrative of her experience of dealing with trauma and grief she underwent after her sled dog Ursa's death.
- When a good friend dies. // Christian Science Monitor;9/5/97, Vol. 89 Issue 197, p17
Presents the Christian Science perspective on healing responses to death, in light of the sudden death of Diana, Princess of Wales. Immortality as a helpful concept in the face of death; The author's feelings at the death of a mother.
- Let Me Tell You about Josselyn. Hallowell, Edward M. // Prevention;Sep2002, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p108
Reflects on losing a loved one and how to cope after a loss. Death of a cousin from myeloma, which caused grief;
- The inheritance of loss: Balancing faith and mourning in the death of a loved one. Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;1/1/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p13
The author reflects on the challenge of how to balance one's faith and mourning brought about by the death of a loved one. He mentions the death of his two aunts who died a few months of each other. He cites the fact that people tend to act as if life will be forever proven by the way they make...