Unusual complication of tuberous sclerosis complex
- Terminal hematuria. Prakash, Vikyath; Caplivski, Daniel; Vassalotti, Joseph A // Kidney International;Jul2015, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p204
The article presents a case study of a 19-year-old man with intermittent, painless and terminal hematuria and was referred to a nephrology clinic for evaluation of microscopic hematuria. A schistosoma haematobium ova with the characteristic terminal spine was revealed in the patient's urine...
- Renal Mass in an Otherwise Healthy Man. Rubinas, Tara C.; Flanigan, Robert C.; Picken, Maria M. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Jan2004, Vol. 128 Issue 1, pe19
Presents a case report of epithelioid angiomyolipoma in a man with a history of microhematuria and renal mass. Radiology report for the man; Characteristics of angiomyolipoma; Epithelioid variant of angiomyolipoma; Description of renal epithelioid oxyphilic neoplasms.
- Genetic heterogeneity of Alport syndrome. Feingold, Josué; Bois, Etienne; Chompret, Agnès; Broyer, Michel; Gubler, Marie-Claire; Grünfeld, Jean-Pierre // Kidney International;Apr1985, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p672
Forty-one families have been studied with stringent diagnostc criteria of Alport syndrome: proven renal disease with hematuria affecting at least two relatives, neural hearing loss in at least one affected individual, and evolution to renal failure in at leastone affected individual. The...
- HAEMATURIA CASE BASED DISCUSSION. Rahman, Ahmad; Ertemi, Hani; Mumtaz, Faiz // Foundation Years Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p37
The article presents a case study of a 75-year-old male who presented with a single episode of visible painless haematuria and a history of frequency and urgency for 4 months. Assessments and clinical examination of the patient are discussed, including assessment on the onset of the disease. The...
- New markers for analyzing the cause of hematuria. Janssens, Pim M. W. // Kidney International Supplement;Nov1994, Issue 47, pS-115
Discusses the new markers for analyzing the cause of hematuria. Description and prevalence of hematuria; Usability of proteinuria; Localization of Tamm Horsfall glycoprotein in the kidney; Development of an immunocytochemical staining technique; Use of material from kidney transplantation...
- Acute onset of hematuria and proteinuria associated with multiorgan involvement of the heart, liver, pancreas, kidneys, and skin in a patient with Henochâ€“SchÃ¶nlein purpura. Zaidi, M.; Singh, N.; Kamran, M.; Ansari, N.; Nasr, S. H.; Acharya, A. // Kidney International;Feb2008, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p503
A case study of a 17-year-old boy with abdominal pain, which began 7 days prior to his admission is presented. The pain was accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, which he attributed to food poisoning. This has been identified as acute onset of hematuria and proteinuria associated with...
- The yinâ€“yang sign. Chen-wei Wang; Po-Chin Liang; Ju-Ton Hsieh // Kidney International;Jan2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p128
The article presents information on a 44 year old woman patient who suffered from gross hematuria and right flank soreness for a week. She had a history of tuberous sclerosis. Abdominal computed tomography (CT) revealed bilateral renal multiple angiomyolipomas, and the "Yin-yang sign" in a large...
- Microscopic Hematuria. // American Family Physician;1/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p1
Presents medical information about microscopic hematuria. Causes of microscopic hematuria; Diagnosis.
- Haematuria analysed - a prospective study. Gillatt, D. A.; O'Reilly, P. H. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1987, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p559
One hundred consecutive cases of haematuria were studied prospectively. The results showed a high proportion (52%) of serious urological disease. The need for thorough investigation of even minor degrees of haematuria is again emphasized.