Web recruitment saves Â£100,000
- IT pros are not only expensive, many prefer working as 'temps'. Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/28/99, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p32
Focuses on local companies' recruitment of information technology personnel in New Orleans, Louisiana. Use of temporary people; Wage rates; Increase in the number of people opting for the independence of contracting and consulting.
- Massachusetts' Route 128 still leads to technology jobs. Battey, Jim // InfoWorld;09/15/97, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p107
Focuses on strength of the job market for information technology (IT) personnel in Massachusetts' Route 128. Increase in demand for professionals with IT skills; Factors behind job growth for IT staff.
- Recruitment Online: Reinventing the Process. Bigelow, Margaret M. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jul-Sep99, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on the electronic initiatives implemented by the PricewaterhouseCoopers for its recruitment and hiring process. Use of electronic mail; Details on Online Career Profile, a Web site tool; Alliances with external Web sites; Internal candidate tracking systems.
- IT staff shortage has changed the rules of the hiring game. Radding, Alan // Network World;08/18/97, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p51
Discusses several hiring strategies companies can use to lure information technology professionals. Contacting prospects immediately; Expansion of recruitment efforts; Refusing to rely on human resources; Willingness to pay high salaries. INSET: New generation of high-tech hotshots bring a sea...
- Effective web recruiting takes planning. Mie-Yun Lee // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/14/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p31
Offers tips on how companies can effectively use the Internet in recruiting employees. Addition of Web address to postings; Specific format for resumes that will be received by e-mail; Simple and accurate listings.
- You don't have to be mad to work here... Littlefield, David // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p8
Deals with the preference of Michael Pitt, chief executive of Kent County Council, in recruiting weirdos or free-thinking individuals to the council. Assessment of the council's status as of November 2000; Implication of Pitt's preference toward recruiting weirdos; Challenge for personnel...
- Council creates national blueprint for online school admission system. Hadfield, Will // Computer Weekly;11/7/2006, p66
The article reports that Hertfordshire County Council, England's online school admissions system has created the blueprint for local authorities rolling out systems for the 2007-2008 academic year. Due to the school admissions timetable, 150 local authorities in England were required to offer an...
- TOP RANKS: EMPLOYMENT SERVICES. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/24/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p26
The article presents information on few top employment agencies in the United States. Adecco Employment Services, Manpower Inc. basically deals in accounting; clerical; data entry engineering; management, Contemporary Personnel Staffing and Professionals, Inc. at 904 7th North St., Liverpool,...
- JWT Specialized Communications--electronic recruitment services suite. // Personnel Journal;Jul96 Supplement New Product, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p3
Features JWT Specialized Communications' (JWTSC) Technology Solutions Group suite of electronic recruitment services. Virtual Job Fairs; ResumeWorks; ResumeSearch; ResumeEntry.