Getting the chemistry right
- Expanding Six Sigma. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;2/21/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p21
Reports that the number of chemical firms using six sigma statistical tools to measure and improve productivity continues to grow. Benefits from the use of the technique; Comments from E.I. Nemours du Pont Chairman Chad Holliday about six sigma; Why some companies may find it challenging to...
- WORK ALLOCATION IN COMPLEX PRODUCTION PROCESSES: A METHODOLOGY FOR DECISION SUPPORT. de Mello, Adriana Marotti; Marx, Roberto; Zilbovicius, Mauro // Journal of Operations & Supply Chain Management;Jul2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p43
This article presents the development of a Methodology of Decision Support for Work Allocation in complex production processes. It is known that this decision is frequently taken empirically and that the methodologies available to support it are few and restricted in terms of its conceptual...
- ZE ÅšWIATA: USA. // Polimery;2013, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p492
No abstract available.
- Viable monitoring of vapours. Bacon, Ted // Chemical Business;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, pXVII
Focuses on the development of process monitoring methods in chemical processing industry. Example of various automated process monitoring technique; Important parameters of the techniques; Comparison of various process techniques.
- Six Sigma Steps. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;9/8/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the Six Sigma manufacturing approach in the chemical industry. Significance of the approach to the industry; Application of the approach; Details on the process of the Six Sigma in the chemical industry.
- Inching its way to `plug and play.' Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;5/27/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p33
Deals with an information technology (IT) architecture, manufacturing execution system (MES). Specific functions of the MES layer in the chemical industry; Importance and inconsistencies of the system; Information on a survey of process manufacturers by Industry Directions with regards to the...
- Custom manufacturing--will the trend set in and catch on in India? // Chemical Business;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on custom manufacturing ad its implications for the Indian chemical industry. Background on the custom manufacturing industry; Advantage of custom manufacturers; Role of technological specialties and niches in custom manufacturing; Important aspects; Scenario in India.
- Non-Polar Process Aids Improve Extrusion Productivity. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Jan2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p53
The article discusses the significance of using non-polar process aid to improve extrusion productivity in the U.S. The process aid enables the processing window for manufacturers of extruded products to provide possibilities to run faster line speeds without unfavorable influencing quality....
- Temperature Sensor Market Projected to Grow. // Fiber Optic Sensors & Systems;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p13
The article presents a forecast on the worldwide market growth for temperature sensors by 2018. The projected market growth, which may reach 4.5 billion U.S. dollars buy the end of the period, will be driven by the petrochemicals industry, given the extensive use of the sensor products in...