- Qualified engineers look likely to escape BAE job-cutting exercise. // Professional Engineering;06/21/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p10
Reports on BAE Systems' plan to reduce its workforce, following its merger with Marconi. Likelihood that qualified engineers would be excluded from the job-cutting exercise in Great Britain; Company's plan to make every effort to keep compulsory redundancies to a minimum.
- BAE to cut 1,000 jobs. // Supply Management;3/27/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the retrenchment of employees of defence contractor BAE Systems PLC in an attempt to cope with a downturn in the civil aviation market and cost overruns on the Nimrod attack aircraft.
- BAe to pay ...20,000 for `supergraduates'. // Professional Engineering;04/16/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p9
Reports on British Aerospace's plans to recruit ten exceptional engineering graduates to be groomed for senior management posts by their early 30s. Recruits from Cambridge University and Imperial College of London, England; Starting salary of 20,000 British pounds; Shortage of high-caliber people.
- Bolder U.S. Strategy An Option for BAE. Velocci, Jr., Anthony L.; Barrie, Douglas // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/6/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p22
Focuses on the pending relationships between president of BAE Systems North America and the board of directors of Great Britain-based BAE Systems PLC. Disagreement over the parent company's U.S. strategy; Speculation of strengthening the parent company's position in the U.S. market; Assumption...
- Worldly wise. Davidson, Elizabeth // People Management;11/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p48
Focuses on the strategic leadership program for senior executives at BAE Systems company. Countries visited during the leadership program; Components of the program; Benefits of the program to Rory Fisher, group commercial director for customer solutions and support at BAE Systems. INSET:...
- BAE restructures Nimrod programme. // Interavia Business & Technology;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 670, p8
Reports on the reorganization of the Nimrod program of BAE Systems PLC in Prestwick, Scotland. Dismissal of several employees; Agreement between the firm and Ministry of Defense.
- Company Profiles. // Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report;Q3 2010, p59
The article presents a company profile of BAE Systems PLC. It states that BAE is an international defense company with customers in more than 100 countries and 107,000 employees worldwide. It mentions that BAE is the second largest defense company in the world and the biggest defense supplier in...
- BAE creates jobs for 80 engineers. // Professional Engineering;04/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p13
Reports the recruitment of engineers by BAE Systems for its facilities in Plymouth and Southampton in England. Numbers of engineers needed in Plymouth site; Demands for manufacturing engineers for the production of the silicon vibrating structure gyro products; Projects sited in Southampton.
- Follow up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/29/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p5A
Presents news briefs related to business in Long Island, New York, as of October 29, 2004. Standard amenities of homes offered to wealthy buyers in the Hamptons; BAE Systems PLC's hiring activity in Greenlawn.