Case Study: Bill and Sarah in the Exploration Phase
- Setting a Financial Plan. // Economic Education Bulletin;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p87
The article offers tips on setting a financial plan. It states that one general goal to set a financial plan is the age which each partner plan to retire. It stresses the importance of deciding how much money to save or invest which will allow the person to retire at the age he has chosen. It...
- Three Questions for Couples. Palmer, Kimberly // U.S. News & World Report;5/19/2008, Vol. 144 Issue 14, p59
The article discusses successful financial management amongst married couples. A study is discussed that found that couples who divide tasks, such as financial investments and day-to-day bill paying, do better in the long term. The divide-and-conquer method, as the article terms this approach,...
- Time to Stop Playing It Safe. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Sep2006, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p76
The article discusses a married couple who, since September 11, 2001, have been concerned about investing their money in stocks. The couple's current financial situation, such as how much they have saved for retirement, is reviewed. The author offers advice regarding what they should do in...
- Suze Orman: "Repeat--I'm worth every penny I charge". Orman, Suze // O, The Oprah Magazine;May2004, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p56
Answers several questions on financial freedom. Advice on how to charge full price for services rendered; Information on how to get around financial trust issues with new married couples; Tips on preparing for one's retirement.
- Newlywed Financial Plans. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p23
The article presents schemes that are useful for married couples regarding with their financial matters. They are advised to set their priorities such as the proper way of spending their money and to revise their financial plans to reach their goals. It is ideal for them to have an annual review...
- Turn a dream into a financial opportunity. // South Asian Post;3/20/2014, p19
The article offers suggestions for financial, insurance and retirement planning through financial conversation between spouses, parents and children, money management, and by setting financial goals.
- THE FLASHING YELLOW LIGHTS OF RETIREMENT PLANNING: FALSE EXPECTATIONS, REALITIES, AND SOME GOOD NEWS. Cutler, Neal E. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p37
This article discusses several issues concerning retirement planning in the U.S., based on the results of the January 2004 Retirement Confidence Survey (RCS). This article focuses on three themes. The first pair of themes identifies two sets of false or misguided expectations that U.S. workers...
- Living below your means. Fredman, Catherine // Good Housekeeping;Oct2003, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p57
Profiles several married couples who believed in the benefits of personal savings. Emily and Robert Terbrock; Melissa and Andy Fey; Renee and Christopher Brown; Kathy and John Zuehlsdorf.
- Living Debt Free. KNOLES, JOHN DORIS // Indian Life;May/Jun2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p12
The article offers advice for married people about managing their finances. It states that when using credit cards, couples should always read the fine print, and be more careful in using it. It also stresses that spending can be controlled, by following the "Ten Steps to Financial Freedom." He...