The Transformation of the South African Public Service, 1994-1997
- chapter 1: Political outlook. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2008 1st Quarter, p6
The article provides information on the political conditions in South Africa in 2008.
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2009 4th Quarter, p9
The article presents the political outlook of South Africa, highlighting its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p7
The article presents the political outlook for South Africa.
- South Africa's new foreign and military policy: Opportunities and constraints. Crawford, Neta C. // Africa Today;1995 1st /2nd Quarter, Vol. 42 Issue 1/2, p88
Discusses South Africa's foreign and military policy under the democratic government formed in May 1994. Legacy of apartheid era foreign policy; Militarization of South Africa; Pitfalls of the `Total Strategy'; South Africa's foreign policy under president Nelson Mandela; Joining the...
- Government Structure. // South Africa Country Review;2009, p35
The article offers information on the structure of the government in South Africa.
- Political Conditions. // South Africa Country Review;2011, p10
The article presents the political conditions of South Africa including the transition of the country into democracy, South African President Thabo Mbeki issued a call for global solidarity, and South African white supremacist Eugene Terreblanche was beaten to death.
- TAKE NOTE. // Finweek;7/15/2010, p8
The article offers updates on political issues in South Africa, including the postponement of the controversial traffic project, the aversion of a possible strike by the workers of the energy company Eskom Holdings Ltd., and the release of new rules and guidelines for the country's mining industry.
- Response to the government's draft urban development strategy document. // Urban Forum;1996, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p90
Opinion. Critiques the urban development strategy of the government of South Africa. Lack of emphasis on economic considerations; Confusion of issues of equity with efficiency; Implications of unemployment; Failure of campaign to persuade people to pay for rent and services; Factors leading to...
- Response to government's draft urban development strategy document. Bond, Patrick; Mayekiso, Mzwanele // Urban Forum;1996, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p101
Opinion. Criticizes the urban development strategy of the government of South Africa. Omissions in the policy-formulation process; Failure to include society's contributions to basic needs; Role for the market; Intervention of the state in urbanization patterns; Role of decentralization...