- Better scene is no herd. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/11/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p21
Focuses on the discussions during the cable upfront presentations for media networks in the U.S. Decline of the cable's upfront; Attendance of the media meetings; Prediction on pace of the media meeting.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;5/24/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p18
A calendar of events in the U.S. from may up to July 2010 is presented which includes the "3DTV 2010," a breakfast panel discussion in New York on May 25, The 2010 Human Resource (HR) Symposium by the Cable Telecommunications Human Resource Association in Atlanta, Georgia on June 8, and the...
- In TV credits, it's a jungle out there. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p7
Focuses on the meetings among Discovery Channel talent, chief executive officer John Hendricks and lieutenants, Judith McHale and John Ford of Discovery Channel in the U.S. Focus of the discussion on television credit; Job responsibility of Hendricks; Details of the conversion in the meeting.
- Advertisers participate in TV 'trade body' talks. Grimshaw, Colin // Marketing (00253650);2/12/2004, p4
Commercial TV broadcasters are to consult Great Britain's biggest advertisers about major issues facing the industry and ask how a TV marketing agency should be formed. The research initiative was announced following a summit meeting of sales directors at the end of last week. It was called to...
- Affiliates upset with NBC. // Electronic Media;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p59
Reports that National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) affiliates are angry at the network for putting the television program, `Meet the Press,' on MSNBC Sunday nights.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- The scramble at CNN. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p6
Focuses on the impact of the World Trade Center attacks on the Cable News Network editorial meeting in Atlanta, Georgia. Immediate reaction of the attendees of the meeting upon hearing the unconfirmed report; Comments of Chief News Executive Eason Jordan on the accident; Attitude of the CNN...
- A greater News Xchange. Cole, Sandra // TVB Europe;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p12
Announces the news conference to be organized by the News Exchange from November 18 - 19, 2004 at the Tivoli Marinotel in Vilamoura, Portugal. Objective of the conference; Programs and activities; Collaboration with the International News Safety Institute; Topics to be discussed in the...
- Penny Lane: Cable's Comp Package Steady, Survey Says. // CableFAX Daily;12/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 242, p1
The article provides information on the compensation study in U.S. cable networks conducted by cable human resources group Cable & Telecommunication Human Resources Association in 2005. According to the studying, the industry saw an increase in total compensation in 2005. Base salaries also...