- First Chesapeake Powerboat Symposium. Spurr, Dan // Professional Boatbuilder;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 116, p40
The article discusses technical papers that were presented during the First Chesapeake Powerboat Symposium in Annapolis, Maryland. The symposium started with the report "Regarding Small Craft Seakeeping," by naval architect Dean Schleicher, which is based on Standardization Agreements (STANAG)...
- Ausmarine Conference - no fees and improved format. // Professional Fisherman;Aug2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p42
Highlights the Ausmarine maritime conference and exhibition to be held in Western Australia on October 26-28, 2004. Forums; Product presentation seminars; Discussion of topics about shipbuilding and the fishing industry.
- EVENT CALENDAR. // Ausmarine;Dec2006, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p31
The article presents a calendar of events in the shipbuilding industry. The Petromin Underwater Technology Conference will be held from December 12 to 13, 2006 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Taiwan International Boat & Watersports Show will be held in Taipei, Taiwan from December 14 to 17, 2006....
- EVENT CALENDAR. // Ausmarine;Sep2011, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p35
A 2011 calendar of events for the marine vessel industry is presented including Portech Asia in Shanghai, China from September 6 to 7, International Conference on Marine Design in Coventry, Great Britain from September 14 to 15, and GreenPort Congress in Hamburg, Germany from September 14 to 15.
- Some Nuggets From Cruisefest. Alkon, Jim // Travel Agent;4/18/2005, Vol. 320 Issue 11, p10
This article presents information about the Cruisefest conference that held in Miami, Florida, presented by ASTA and NACTA had to have come away with something: first-hand inspections to become better acquainted with today's cruise ships; further clarification on new policies and flexibility...
- SHIPSHAPE LASER APPLICATIONS. Merchant, Vivian // Industrial Laser Solutions;Aug2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p9
Highlights the International Conference on Shipyard Applications of Industrial Lasers on June 2â€“4, 2003 in Williamsburg, Virginia. Presentation made regarding the installation of hybrid laser system at the Meyer shipyards; Description of laser welding producing more accurate girders and...
- DIMDEX 2010: WELL ESTABLISHED AS NAVAL EXHIBITION, RELEVANT NOT ONLY FOR THE MENA AREA. // Naval Forces;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p91
The article offers information on the recently concluded DIDMEX 2010 defense exhibition held in Doha, Qatar on March 29, 2010. It states that the exhibition was less crowded but there were more international exhibitors who participated. Furthermore, it offers details on several warship designs...
- EVENT CALENDAR. // Ausmarine;Apr2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p32
Presents a calendar of events for the shipbuilding, fisheries and seafood industry from May 20 to October 28, 2006. Ocean 2006 in Moscow, Russia; Shanghai Fisheries & Seafood 2006 in China; SNAME Maritime Technology Conference and Expo in Florida.
- Union organises summit to come up with plan to save shipbuilding. // Professional Engineering;6/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p10
The article presents information on a top-level government-backed summit aimed at preventing Great Britain's shipbuilding from dying out due to be held in July 2004. The meeting, which is being organised by the GMB union, will discuss what needs to be done to build a sustainable future for...