- Vibrant Market For Workboats. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2009, p33
The article reports on the increasing demand of workboats in the Middle East due to the development of offshore oil and gas as well as shoreline projects. It relates that a huge number of such vessels are being built in the region which is said to be a factor in escaping the credit crunch. It...
- One man's junk is a bay treasure. Siedsma, Andrea; Ash, Leonard D. // San Diego Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p11
Features the `Mei Wen Ti' wooden boat in San Diego, California. Chartering of the boat; Material used in making the junk boat.
- The sea and the environment: opportunities, constraints and risks seminar. Griffiths, Richard // Australian Journal of Maritime & Ocean Affairs;Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p73
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including a seminar hosted by the Australian Association for Maritime Affairs (AAMA) on February 1-2, 2012, the use of science and environment for future maritime development, conservation and...
- Yanmar power for new timber classic. // Ausmarine;Jan2011, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p32
The article presents information on the Cheviot 32 modern classic which is built in timber by the Wooden Boat Shop of Sorrento, Victoria.
- Portfolio. // MotorBoating;May2002, Vol. 189 Issue 5, p32
Presents several photographs of wooden motorboats taken by photographer Benjamin Mendlowitz in Maine.
- Whilly Boat For Sale. // Ash Breeze;Spring2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p17
The article announces the sale of a Whilly boat in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Buy The Board. Frederiksen, Peter // Yachting;May2000, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p26
Describes the beauty of wooden parts of boats.
- Apprenticeshop Launches Three. Badger, Trish // Ash Breeze;Spring2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the launch of small wooden boats from the Apprenticeshop at Lermond Cove in Rockland Harbor. Activities included in the event; Description of the boats launched; Information on the Atlantic Challenge Foundation.
- The Circle of Wooden Boat Life. Schwen, Jodi // Lake Country Journal;Sep/Oct2012, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including passion for wooden boats and collection of wooden boats by sailors.