CIPD branch events
- Self-Evaluation of Performance. // Self-Evaluation of Performance - Competency Center;Jan2013, p1
Competent individuals know that an honest and critical self-examination can lead to an improved understanding of their strengths and weaknesses. Critical reflection helps individuals pinpoint the historical, psychological, and cultural background of the assumptions they use to govern their...
- Open to learning. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;4/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p65
Focuses on the activities scheduled for an open evening held by Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Training on April 28, 2004. Information on its mentoring and leadership certificate programs; Activities involved in such programs; Schedule and venue of the event.
- LETTERS. Cowdrill, Gary; Taylor, Alistair; Moore, Isabella; Brown, Chris; Edwards, Martin; Taylor, Keith; McSpadden, Kevin // Director;Oct2010, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p34
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Giving Staff a Seat at the Table," by Iqbal Wahha, "Training Game," and "Hard Times Call for Resilient Leaders," by Cary Cooper, all in the September 2010 issue.
- How to Have a COACHING CONVERSATION. Traut, Terence // Talent Management;Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p28
The article provides information on the significance for companies to place on coaching as the tool to drive employee engagement and performance. It mentions that positive feedback offers affirmation and recognition that the employee does well, while constructive feedback helps employee to get...
- Sustainable improvements. Ostrowski, Sue // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p88
An interview with Tara Amis, education coordinator at Definity Partners, is presented. As to the role front-line personnel play in achieving sustainable operational improvements, Amis assesses that they can be an organization's most valuable resource. She points that leaders can do several...
- RISING TSARS. Smirnova, Lena // Coaching at Work;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p30
The article discusses the state of the business coaching profession in Russia. Aside from the lack of regulation, coaching services in Russia are often poorly marketed. Some of factors that hinders the growth of the profession in the country are cost, shortage of coaches and the lack of...
- Chapter 1: Enabling -- 'empowerment plus.'. Williams, Michael // Enabling Beyond Empowerment;6/22/1998, p6
The chapter discusses the concepts underlying enabling and empowerment in businesses. A description of the executive competencies during the 1990s and beyond is provided. The differences between enabling and empowering are highlighted. The use of coaching, mentoring and sponsorship in employee...
- Chapter 5: The enabling mentor. Williams, Michael // Enabling Beyond Empowerment;6/22/1998, p110
The chapter discusses the concept of mentoring in relation to employee enabling. The difference between mentoring and coaching is explained. The characteristics, skills and competencies that mentors should possess are mentioned. The significance of mentors and mentoring in the workplace is...
- Leadership. Peters, David // Director;Jan2006, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p28
The article deals with the use of video recordings of award winning British executives in training young corporate leaders in 2006. The advantages and disadvantages of the presentation of the video recordings are mentioned. Information on several executives featured in the recordings is presented.