CIPD BRANCH DIARY
- A shotgun marriage--employment equity and human resource planning. Boonzaier, Michele; Boonzaier, Billy // South African Journal of Business Management;Mar99, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p23
Presents a comprehensive model of human resource planning as a guideline to assist managers in the fulfillment of organizational and employment equity requirements. Information on the Employment Equity Act of 1998; Requirements for employment equity audit; Main purpose of human resource planning.
- Missing the point. Reid, Peter // People Management;7/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p22
Comments on the unemployment rate in Europe. Percentage of unemployment in the country; Impact of a job protection law on human resource community; Factors that can reduce unemployment.
- A right result? // People Management;1/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p22
Presents the answers to questions regarding personnel management and employment law in Great Britain.
- Congratulations! // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p54
The turning down an employee's request for family friendly hours, in Great Britain, could cost employers tens of thousands of pounds in damages. New employment legislation gives all employees with a child under six the right to ask their employers to work fewer hours or even work from home. If...
- DIARY DATES. // Recruiter;4/15/2009, p6
A calendar of events related to recruitment activities in Great Britain in April 2009 is presented including Careers & Jobs Live, JSB Essential Discrimination Law workshop and Talent Management Conference.
- Continuous employment. // Accountancy;Jan1988, Vol. 101 Issue 1133, p44
This article reviews a case which challenged the Employment Protection (Consolidation) Act 1978 of Great Britain. Under Sch 13 of the Employment Protection (Consolidation) Act 1978, an employee's statutory rights in terms, say, of unfair dismissal, do not apply to an employee's dismissal from...
- Weekly dilemma Dyslexia. // Personnel Today;8/21/2007, p48
The article discusses the employment law on dyslexia in Great Britain. Particular focus is given to the recent case of Paterson v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis that confirms that dyslexia can be a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA). It is informed that under...
- New rules for disciplining staff. Jones, Rayner // GP: General Practitioner;12/5/2008, p44
The article reports on a new legislation that will abolish the current bureaucratic statutory procedures effective April 6, 2009. The Employment Bill 2008 in Great Britain will require employers to familiarise themselves with new regulations. But, much of the rigid bureaucracy involved in...
- CHINA'S CONTRACT LAW: SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE. Frauenheim, Ed // Workforce Management;8/20/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 14, p35
The article deals with the new employment contract law in China which will take effect in January 2007. Employer groups states that the statute could hurt the country's economy by overly protecting workers. According to Jill Malila, director of client management for the China operations of...