- Expand the industry before the outsiders move in. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the rapidly expanding market of the fire sprinkler industry in the United States. Shortage of fitters, designers and managers; Non-union contractors' expansion; Efforts in promoting participation in the sprinkler field.
- We need better and more knowledgeable competitors. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p64
Focuses on developments pertaining to the fire sprinkler industry in the United States. Competitors who know the difference between volume and profit; Competitors who keep track of their costs; Knowledge and expertise in fire sprinklers; Ability to succeed; Analysis of strength and weaknesses;...
- FIRE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2003, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p18
Presents a list of companies producing fire protection equipment in the U.S.
- MANUFACTURER DIRECTORY. // Fire Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p118
A directory for manufacturers in Canada and the different states in the U.S. is presented.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p16
A calendar of events for the fire service industry in April 2008 is presented which includes the National Fire & Emergency Services Dinner & Seminars on 2-3, the 32nd Annual Fire and Life Safety Conference on 16-18 and the Technical Large-Animal Rescue Training on 18-20.
- DIRECTORY. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p58
A directory for several fire prevention equipment industries in Great Britain is presented.
- Prilog raspravi o opasnim stvarima i opasnim djelatnostima. Stanišić, Slobodan // Annual of the Faculty of Law / Godisnjak Fakulteta Pravnih Nauka;jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p82
The text explains the concepts and arranged "dangerous thing" and "dangerous activity" and points to legislative solutions, the views of legal doctrine and judicial practice, and views of the author in respect of liability for dangerous goods and hazardous activities.
- The EU revises the rules applicable to high-risk facilities. Huijbers, Marlies // ENHESA Flash;Oct2012, Issue 67, p20
The article focuses on the revisions made by European Union in the Seveso Directive that was adopted in 1982 resulting in the creation of the Seveso III Directive. It states that the directive aimed to prevent and control accidents involving hazardous substances to protect humans and the...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p198
Reports developments related to fire prevention industry in the U.S. Request of Louisiana State Firemen's Association and Louisiana Fire Chief's Association to Ferrara Fire Apparatus Inc. to function as a logistical resource center for collecting and distributing supplies for firefighters; Joint...