CIPD BRANCH EVENTS
- Happy BIRTHDAY? Arkin, Anat // People Management;10/18/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p24
The article reports on the issue of the retirement process set out in the anti-age discrimination laws in Great Britain. The focus on retirement in many of the cases that have reached tribunals so far shows that the government has misjudged the public mood, says Freda Line, diversity adviser at...
- Employment law drives change. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;6/28/2005, p2
The article reports that a survey out this week from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development suggests that employers are feeling the ever-increasing burden of employment law. The flip side of that, as switched-on HR professionals realise, is that employment law has helped to effect...
- FOCUS ON AGE. // People Management;8/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p53
The article reports that the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is organizing a series of focus groups in September 2005, to discuss the practical implications of forthcoming age discrimination legislation and to gather human resource practitioners' feedback. This is...
- TOO MUCH LAW, TOO LITTLE CONSULTATION. Reid, Peter // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p68
The article focuses on the consequences of the age discrimination laws in Great Britain. Employment law expert Olga Aikin has expounded on her law of unintended consequences to explain some consequences of the data protection at the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development...
- Get up to date with Benchmark. // People Management;Jan2012, p54
The article offers information on how to obtain the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Benchmark report series that focuses on employment regulation.
- Workshops on handling tribunals. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;2/24/2011, p39
The article looks at the Spring Law on Tour workshops by Chartered Institute of Personnel Development beginning February 2011, which educate on handling claims by an employment tribunal process.
- LINKS & NOTES. // People Management;2/10/2011, p15
The article presents links and notes related to articles published in this issue including the feature on employment tribunal reforms, the blog of Tim Smedley, and ben Willmott as Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development employee relations adviser.
- THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LAW. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;6/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p53
This article provides information on the 2006 employment law conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development. Among the topical subjects at the conference are age discrimination legislation, new government strategies relating to incapacity benefit and the work and families bill....
- CIPD questions Government's dismissals process proposals. // Employers Law;Dec2012/Jan2013, p4
The article discusses the reservations of the U.S. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) about the proposals of the federal government to introduce settlement agreements.