- Rescue school this weekend at Whitney High School. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p10
The article offers information on the ninth annual Fall Rescue School Saturday hosted by the Lake Whitney Rescue Association to be held at the Whitney High School in Lake Whitney, Texas on October 18, 2014.
- Growing Emergency Services Show attracts record visitor numbers. // Fire;Nov2014, Vol. 110 Issue 1373, p8
The article offers information on the Emergency Services Show 2014 held at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham, England in September 2014 which offered live demonstrations of rescue techniques, equipment and vehicles and free training opportunities.
- coming events. // Fire Engineering;Sep2015, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p91
A calendar of conferences and exhibitions is presented including the Swiftwater Rescue Technician in Kennebunkport, Maine from September 26-27, 2015, the Live-Fire Training Camp in Indianapolis, Indiana from October 5-7, and the Heavy Rescue Operations in Carol Stream, Illinois on October 19.
- Coming events. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p203
Presents conferences, exhibitions, courses and seminars scheduled for January to April 1998 for those in the fire fighting and rescue service. Apparatus specification and vehicle maintenance symposium sponsored by the Fire Department Safety Officers Association; National Fire Protection...
- IVIC 2009. // Crisis Response Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p61
Information about several topics at the IVIC 2009 Trade Fair held on May 13-16, 2009 in Valkenburg, Netherlands is presented. Topics include rescue services, disaster prevention and incident management. The conference features several visitor profile including purchasing managers, policy-makers...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Sep2010, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p119
A calendar of conferences and exhibits on fire fighting in the U.S. are presented, including the 51st Annual Mid-Atlantic Life Safety Conference on September 28, 2010, the 21st Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) Working Group Annual Meeting and Conference on October 5-8, 2010 and the Fourth...
- THINNING. McGrath, Ben // New Yorker;3/7/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses an ice-rescue seminar for park rangers organized by the Parks Department in New York City. The author describes rangers practicing rescue techniques at Lasker Rink. Other topics include the use of roofing nails as ice picks, rescuing dogs, managing panic in victims, and...
- West of Scotland Branch: Emergency First Aid Course Sunday 20th September 2009. Gourlay, Stephen // Podiatry Review;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p22
Information about several papers discussed at a meeting sponsored by the Institute of the Chiropodists and Podiatrists of West of Scotland Branch on emergency first aid course held in Great Britain in September 20, 2009 is presented. Topics include the theoretical and practical First Aid, the...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jan2014, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p155
A calendar of events for the fire fighting and emergency services sector for 2014 is presented which includes the International Association of Women in the Fire and Emergency Services' International i-Woman Conference in Arizona, the Congressional Fire Services Institute's 25th Annual National...