- CeBIT report. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry as of August 1997. Includes the formation of a joint-venture of Libertel and Electronic Data Systems to offer customers a complete mobile communications package; China's State Council's approval of China United Telecommunications Corp.'s...
- Advice from Adland. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the competition among telecommunications service providers. Money that will be wasted on advertising; Proliferation of multiple products and services.
- CDMA in Israel, the Philippines. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
Reports on developments related to telecommunication as of January 1998. Israel's Phone Communication's contract with Motorola to deploy first code division multiple access cellular network; Philippines Telegraph and Telephone's contract with Qualcomm.
- Data warehousing: Managing knowledge. Handen, Larry; Boyle, Patricia // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the role of data warehousing in the telecommunication industry. Effects of deregulation, globalization and partnering; Technical architecture of data warehouse.
- Following the market lead. Young, Laurie // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the characteristics of future telecommunication services. Importance and value to customer segments; Effects of telecommunication privatization and liberalization, technological and industrial convergence.
- Concentrating on the network. Lewis, Alun // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p75
Focuses on a standards-based interface between the switch and the access network in telecommunication. Demand for interoperability; Stepping-stone approach; Benefits of V5.2. INSET: Telenet gains the V5.2 edge..
- New operators: An endangered species? McGregor, Charles // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p78
Focuses on Europe's telecommunication service provision market. Controlling the network; Access to the control of network capacity; Consolidation in the industry.
- BT and competitors in service trial. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the technical trial of the network of BT which will service some telecommunications companies in Great Britain. Initiative as part of trend in packaged services; Provision by BT of customer phone lines.
- Global highways. Comet, William // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the increase in the supply of transoceanic circuits for telecommunication operators in the United States. Application of the law on supply and demand to telecommunication industry; Causes of the bottleneck increase of the circuits; Fiber-optic link around the globe; Issue of price of...
- China: more haste, less speed? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p46
Discusses trends in the telecommunication industry in China. Transition process of the industry resulting to the World Trade Organization agreements; Appointment of Wang Xudong to the Ministry of Information Infrastructure; Proliferation of illegal services in the country.