CONFERENCES & EVENTS
- Industry criticized at EPCA for pricing and investment policies. Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;10/4/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p20
Reports that producers and customers took turns criticizing the European petrochemical industry at the annual European Petrochemical Association meeting in Monte Carlo, Monaco in September, 1995. Producers' inability to introduce forward pricing; Threat posed by the booming Asian market;...
- Chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p47
The article focuses on the development of petrochemicals industry in Venezuela in 2009.
- Reaching downstream. I.Y. // Chemical Week;8/31/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 8, pS40
Focuses on China's downstream petrochemical industry. Investment in special economic zones; Synthetic resins market; Synthetic fibers market.
- Trade grows in Korea. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p38
Reports that South Korean trade in petrochemicals is expected to continue to increase in the second half of 1995, according to trade officials. Production and exports of chemicals in 1995 first-half.
- Markets stay strong despite fiscal squeeze. Salles, Flavio // Chemical Week;11/15/95 Supplement South America, Vol. 157 Issue 19, pS2
Focuses on the still increasing demand in the petrochemicals market in Brazil despite problems faced by producers in adjusting to the economy. Plans for many capacity extensions; Ill effects of the government's lowering of import tariffs by the end of 1994; Some of the petrochemical sectors hit...
- Thailand set for rapid petchem expansion. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/22/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 20, following p28
Focuses on the outlook for petrochemical demand in Thailand. Expansion of the petrochemical industry in the country; Comments from Vites Visanuvimol, general manager of the Petroleum Authority of Thailand.
- Japanese makers see strong half... // Chemical Week;11/22/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 20, following p28
Reports on the improvement of the profits in the petrochemical industry in Japan for the first half of fiscal year 1995.
- Outlook brightens for Europe pre-EPCA. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the competitive position of petrochemical industry in Europe, following the shift towards mixed-feed cracking in Middle East.
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p7
The article offers news briefs involving the petrochemical industry, including the acquisition of Unipetrol by Polish refiner PKN Orlen, the expected growth of chemical and polymer sales driven by the automotive industry's growing demand for greater fuel efficiency and the initiation of a...
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p15
The article offers business news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including decline in the U.S. propylene inventories by 1.5 percent, licensing of paraxylene (PX) technology by the U.S. engineering firm CBI and propylene production by the Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group.