- Perinatal substance abuse and Public Health Nursing intervention. Rieder, B.A. // Children Today;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p33
Recommends Public Health Nursing as an effective services delivery system for families struggling with perinatal substance abuse. The Nursing Child Assessment Satellite Training (NCAST) tools; Instruction conducive to changing lifestyles.
- Nursing Shortage Is Bad For Hospitals, Good For New Grads. Miriani, Allison // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the nursing shortage in Michigan. Effects of the shortage on hospitals; Reasons for the shortage of nurses.
- `Free the hospice six.' B.J.C. // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p2
Comments on the case of six nurses at St. Peter's Hospital hospice in Helena, Montana who face three to five years probation for giving leftover painkillers to dying patients. Where the nurses kept their supply of morphine suppositories and other pain medication; Who reported the practice to the...
- The nurse as patient advocate. Bernal, Ellen W. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p18
Questions the claim that nurses should be patient advocates, especially when it is mixed in with the professional issue of nurses' freedom to practice. The advocacy model; An ethical analysis of the advocacy argument; The moral contribution of nurses to hospitals; The ideal of autonomy;...
- Updates and developments on news affecting RNs. // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Reports on developments about nurses in the U.S. End of Wilkes-Barre General Hospital nurses' strike; Enactment of a law barring forced overtime for nurses and other health care workers in New Jersey; Public's view of nursing ethics.
- LETTERS. Grayson, Cheri; Mary, Margaret; Mattingly, Sue; Isernia, Mary; Sevedge, Kathleen; Kyle, William E. // RN;Oct86, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p7
Presents letters on the nursing profession.
- NAACOG offers a new aid for quality assurance. // RN;Jan92, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p17
Announces that NAACOG, the national specialty organization for OBG and neo-natal nurses, has published a QA nursing practice resource. Details; Contact point.
- Schools try new ways to fit more students. // RN;Jan92, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p17
Reports that schools are coming up with creative ways to circumvent the constraints of faculty, space, and funding shortages. Los Angeles County Medical Center School of Nursing; North Carolina A&T University; More.
- Report improper use of restraints. // RN;Jan92, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p17
States that the Federal Drug Administration is urging health-care professionals to report serious injuries and deaths associated with the use of physical restaints. Medical alert warning against improper use of restraints; When to use a restraint; Contact point.
- Nursing museum gets a new face--and exhibits. // RN;Jan92, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p18
Reports that the newly refurbished History of Nursing Museum in Philadelphia traces the past and preserves the present with displays including photographs, war diaries, and medical equipment. Location and telephone number for more information.