- Petroleum Industry & Trade. // Crude Petroleum Industry Yearbook;2002, p1
Presents an economic analysis of the Crude Petroleum Industry as of January 2002. Overview of the current state of the sector; Factors affecting its financial health and how insiders are reacting to those issues; How demand for the products has changed and what is expected for the future;...
- SANTA MONICA FILES SUIT AGAINST 18 OIL COMPANIES. // Industrial Environment;Aug2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p3
Reports the lawsuit filed by the City of Santa Monica in California against several oil industry companies responsible for contaminating city water wells.
- OIL PUTS AFRICA ON THE MAP. Ford, Neil // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p48
Discusses the importance of African oil to U.S. economy. Increase in the importance of the African oil and gas sector by the developing crisis in the Middle East due to the possibility of a war on Iraq; Initiative taken by the U.S. government to reduce its dependence on oil from the Persian...
- EXPANSION OF THE BIG GUNS. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p50
Reports on the plans of oil producing countries of Nigeria, Angola, Libya and Algeria to expand oil production. Libya's plans regarding foreign investments in its oil production; Development of deepwater fields by Angola to increase crude oil production; Encouragement by Nigeria to oil...
- UP AND COMING PRODUCERS. // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p52
Focuses on efforts for increasing oil production in Africa. Discovery of Equatorial Guinea with a growing potential of oil outputs by 2005; Analysis of barriers to the development of the Sudan's oil industry with a potential for growth; Pipeline project of Chad and Cameroon to tap the reserves...
- Fury over sale of `family jewels'. Thompson, Jato // African Business;June97, Issue 222, p40
Focuses on the oil industry in Nigeria. Possibility of an increased contribution to joint venture companies; Leakages in crude oil exports; Issue of environmental degradation.
- Angola to lead African oil boom. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Dec97, Issue 227, p24
Reports on the booming petroleum industry in Africa. Estimate on value of the continent's oil industry; Deployment of export earnings on exploration and development projects; Factors deterring increased foreign direct investments.
- Algeria. // Africa Report;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p12
Reports that the state-owned energy company, Sonatrach, announced in May that 15 foreign oil companies offered to invest up to $4.2 billion in Algerian oil fields, according to `The Journal of Commerce.' Foreign companies proposed development program on six oil fields; Expected improvement in...
- Angola. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the expansion of Angola's oil industry which coincides with the prospect for peace. Oil production in the deep water fields of the Cabinda coast; Growth of the oil industry despite the civil war; Future of the industry.
- New life for the patch. Gratrix, Everett // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p18
States that thanks to the combination of the Alberta government's October 1992 royalty relief package and the end of the prolonged oversupply in the United States gas market, the oil patch is enjoying an impressive rebound. Combination of royalty holidays, cuts and caps for various types of oil...