- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;3/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p28
A calendar of events related to broadcasting industry in the U.S. from April 10, to June 28, 2010 is presented which include the "Ohio Cable Telecommunications Associations annual meeting," "The Cable Show," and "Cable Connection Spring Technical Forum.
- EVENTS. // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p29
A calendar of events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. compiled as of August 2007 is presented. The Minnesota Cable Communication Association's annual meeting will be held at the Arrowwood Conference Center in Alexandria, Minnesota on August 6-8. The 50th Annual Mid-America...
- Three Programmers Shed Western Booths. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p8
Reports the non-participation of several television networks in the Western Show, a cable trade show in the United States. Reasons for the non-participation; Complaint on the frequency of trade shows; Interest to participate in trade shows outside the wired-cable industry.
- The Nation's Leading Ad Category Comes Together in San Diego. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the May 2008 issue of the journal "Response," including one about the Response Expo that will be held from May 6-8, 2008 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California and another on the growing demand for general cable television in...
- A Reader's Guide to the Cable Show. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p91
The article offers information on the Cable Show to be held in Chicago, Illinois which will feature new technologies within the cable television sector.
- Albuquerque stations tangle. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
Reports the conflict between CBS cable television network and UPN affiliates in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Reaction of KRQE cable channel general manager over the airing of CBS news feeds by KASY-TV, a UPN affiliate; Allegations on the violation of broadcast agreements by KASY; Threats of...
- THE INSIDER. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
Presents news briefs related to broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of January 13, 2003. Strategy adopted to advertise the series 'NewsNight' on CNN International; Distribution of pizza on the screening of Fox Broadcasting's series 'Oliver Beene'; Political coverage by the news channel in the...
- Even Open-Access Tests Are Complex. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the challenges of open access in the United States cable television industry. Creation of service-agent software for customers; Development of a back-office support for ticketing and provisioning; Creation of a network for multiple Internet service providers traffic.
- The insider. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
Presents news in the broadcasting industry in the United States as of March 2000. Includes proposed use of voluntary labeling standards by equipment manufacturers; Efforts of the industry to require cable operators to use digital and analog television signals; Involvement of Howard Stern in the...