- TEAM SPIRIT. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 33, p10
The section presents photographs from special events related to the broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 2006 including New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg during a press conference and Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Huddle Up! // Broadcasting & Cable;7/31/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p12
This article presents photographs taken at special events in the cable television industry, including a picture of National Football League (NFL) show commentators and hosts at the NFL and NBC Executive Part at the Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena, California.
- Diversity is the Key to Cable's Future. Rice, Kent // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p49
Focuses on the Diversity Week of the cable industry held in New York in October 2002. Benefits of the Diversity Week for executives of the cable television industry; Need for diversity in the cable industry; Solutions for the development of the cable industry.
- In search of incremental revenue. Williams, Andy // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the struggles of telecommunication companies in Great Britain. Increase in the demand for cable television; Stiffness of the competition in the telecommunications market; Comparison on the business performance between telecommunication companies and cable companies. INSET: SME focus..
- Cable's Expanding Role in Telecommunications. Hodes, Daniel; Duwadi, Kiran; Wise[*], Andrew // Business Economics;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p46
Studies the role of the cable television industry in telecommunications. How the industry can realize its potential; Status of the industry in the video programming delivery market; Importance of the proposed AT&T-TCI merger.
- Programmers have new suitor: Telcos. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on the integration of telecommunication companies and the cable television industry in the United States. Programming services; Direct broadcast satellite business; Cable networks; Growth of cable television forecasted for 1995.
- Cities Should Stay Out of the Cable Business. Braverman, Burt // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p45
Reports on the accelerating trend of cities to move towards municipal ownership of cable systems in the U.S. Problems faced by cities in doing the same; Legal proceedings for municipal ownership of cable systems; Competitions between municipally owned cable systems.
- 'POINTED' OPTIMISM. // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p22
Focuses issues discussed at the 2003 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Cable industry's future plans to reclaim spectrum via the transition from analog to digital; Switched broadcast, a bandwidth-saving technology; Industry's...
- Adelphia Plans Big Digital Ramp-Up. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p12
Focuses on the plans of Adelphia Communications Commission to increase digital cable coverage in the United States. Increase of digital subscribers; Procurement of digital set-tops; Intention to improve customer satisfaction rates; Evaluation of the cable-modem product, video-on-demand product...