CONFERENCES & EVENTS
- PE Prices Peak; PP Increases Continue. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p25
Reports on the price of polyethylene (PE) as of April 30, 2003. Assessment of the PE demand; Importance of tight polypropylene (PP) supply to producers; Growth forecast of the PP demand in Canada and the U.S.
- Seasonal Uptick Delayed for PE and PP. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/9/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the instability of the markets for polyethylene and polypropylene in the wake of high inventories and sluggish demand as of June 2003. Impact on the primary market of the addition of off-grade material into the secondary market; Decrease in prices for refinery-grade propylene.
- Philippines Cracker Construction Is Delayed but Moving. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;03/19/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the proposed construction of a naptha cracker in the Philippines. Production capacity of the cracker; Tariffs for polypropylene and polyethylene imports; How the proposed budget of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo will affect the investment incentives package for petrochemical producers.
- PE, PP price rally comes to a halt. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, p24
Reports on the decline in prices of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in Asia in February 2004. Decline in price of film-grade PP in China; Factors which contributed to the price decline of PE and PP; Impact of the weakened PE and PP prices on ethylene and propylene prices.
- PP expansion wave swells; no new PE capacity yet planned. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;10/5/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p14
Reports on North America's production capacity for polypropylene and polyethylene. Phillips Chemical's joint venture with Sumika in polypropylene production; Dow Canada's, Formosa Plastics' and Himont's production of polyethylene.
- Chinese PE and PP market fears build. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 385, p27
Reports on the condition of polyethylene and polypropylene producers in South Korea in 2003. Factors that caused traders and industry observers to be concerned about decisions over operating rates; Possible effect of the Iraq War on the industry.
- Japan tries to raise PE, PP and PS on feedstock costs. Richardson, John; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 435, p23
Reports on efforts of polyethylene (PE), polypropylene and polystyrene (PS) producers in Japan to force through increases in domestic prices for higher raw-material costs. Prices of high-density PE; Factors that caused high costs of ethylene and propylene; Forecast on the domestic demand growth...
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p88
Presents information related to the chemical industry as of February 2000. Increase in price of European polypropylene; Supply of alpha-olefins; Prices of polyethylene and polypropylene; Demand for ethylene glycol.
- PE to fare better than PP for now. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 486, p20
Reports on the better margins to be experienced by Asian polyethylene (PE) producers than their counterparts in the polypropylene (PP) segment in April 2005. Action to be taken by PP producers in response to the trend; Forecast on PE prices; Factor behind the changes in the polyolefins market.