CONFERENCES & EVENTS
- World Thermoplastics Market Appears Set for Lasting Growth. Richards, Don // Chemical Market Reporter;11/08/99, Vol. 256 Issue 19, p7
Predicts the global market growth for thermoplastics in 2010. Factors that drive the changes in the industry to meet competitive challenges in the industry; Major companies that support the growth of the industry; Companies that supply the growth of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- PP Enjoys Calm Before a Storm Of Changes. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/09/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the increasing demand for polypropylene in the United States market. Decrease of the chemical's operating rate; Factors that would help the improvement in fourth quarter operating rates for year 2000; Increase in the capacity of polypropylene production; How consolidations would...
- All eyes on industry event. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/12/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 13, p38
The article presents news briefs from the chemical industry. An expected injection of supply into the Asian markets may depress regional prices of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) in November and December 2009. European monoethylene glycol (MEG) customers are vying for a price drop of...
- Growth in Europe to be in niche markets. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p25
Forecasts the growth of wood plastics composites (WPC) in Europe, according to a report from the Hackwell Group. Advantages of WPC; Difference between the U.S. and European markets; Details of the report from the Hackwell Group.
- product focus. // Chemical Week;2/25/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p37
Presents information on the global demand for polycarbonate (PC), as of February 2004. Growth in polycarbonate demand in the U.S., Europe and Asia in 2003; Significance of the polycarbonate demand in China on the PC market; End markets for polycarbonates.
- EPS. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2111, p14
Provides information on expandable polystyrene (EPS). EPS capacity of several producers in Europe; Characteristics and uses of EPS; Percentage increase in EPS demand in Europe in 2004.
- PP Consumption Increase Steadily. Xiao Ming // China Chemical Reporter;8/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p19
Reports on developments in the polypropylene (PP) industry in China. Number of PP producers in the country; Annual growth of PP consumption; Use of PP to produce braided products, film products and injection-molded products.
- EPS plummets in second quarter on weak demand. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p11
Reports the decrease in the prices of expandable polystyrene in Europe in the second quarter of 2003. Reasons for the price decrease; Action planned by producers to address the problem; Increase in spot prices in Asia.
- MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/18/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 12, p16
Provides news briefs on chemical prices as of September 18, 2000. Emulsions and rheology modifiers being produced by Union Carbide Corp.'s UCAR; Estane thermoplastics polyurethanes and Estaloc manufactured by BFGoodrich.