Family and local history events
- Cromarty History Society. // History Scotland Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p58
The article offers information on the Cromarty, Scotland History Society's program of talks to be held on March 20, 2014.
- Who Do You Think You Are Live! // History Scotland Magazine;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p59
The article announces that the publication "History Scotland Magazine" attended the first Scottish version of the family history and genealogy event "Who Do You Think You Are Live!" which was held August 29 and 30, 2014 at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) in Glasgow, Scotland.
- DIARY DATES. // History Scotland Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p61
The article offers information about several conferences and lectures including "A Matter of Life and Death," hosted by the Scottish Association of Family History Societies on April 26-27, 2014 in Dunfermline, England, "Can We Rewrite History?" hosted by the Lochaber Local History Society on...
- How to sell local history. Kiley, Marla; Seifert, Sheila // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan98, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p25
Offers tips on how to sell articles about local history to newspapers and magazines. Advice on writing about local history; Finding a story and its significance; Deciding on the slant of the story.
- Bringing history home. Cooper, Marilyn Berg // Technology & Learning;Sep99, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p68
Discusses the preparation of Web sites depicting local history by students in several towns across the United States and Canada. Historic Harrison County Web site by the Corydon Central and South Central Junior/Senior High Schools in Corydon, Indiana; Sutton Virtual Museum by the Sutton...
- Letterbox. Nash, Jack; Thrap, Gary C.; Sparks, Virginia; Gipson, Naida Olsen; Siipola, Idylene; Scott Jr., Jeremiah R.; Abyad, Valarie Johnson; Bair, Marie M. // Humboldt Historian;Spring2003, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p32
Multiple letters to the editor are presented in response to previous articles and issues, including an image correction from the Winter 2002 issue depicting the 1925 Eureka High School tennis team, notes from Virginia Sparks regarding her article on the ship "Laura Virginia," and Idylene...
- History Teaches Us About The Future. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/9/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p12
The article discusses local history in Bulverde, Texas.
- Sociedad de Beneficencia San Vicente de PaÃºl en MedellÃn (Antioquia, Colombia), 1890-1930. Morales Mendoza, Paola Andrea // HiSTOReLo: Revista de Historia Regional y Local;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p175
This article studies the Sociedad de Beneficencia San Vicente de PaÃºl in Medellin, Colombia from 1890 to 1930. It offers a summary on its origin and social practice. It analyses its religious character and the participation of the Catholic Church, the woman's role and the political role in...
- Do yourself a favor and collect some local history. YURTH, CINDY // Navajo Times;12/27/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 52, pA-10
The article offers the author's insights on her visits to 15 chapters or rural areas in Navajo, Arizona, in which most chapters struggle with unemployment, poverty, and lack of infrastructure, but sometimes the chapters are also rich in stories and local history.