OPERATION EUFOR TCHAD/RCA AND THE EUROPEAN UNION'S COMMON SECURITY AND DEFENSE POLICY
- LA FORCE EUROP�ENNE AU TCHAD ET EN CENTRAFRIQUE: LE BAPTEME DU FEU. CHOPLIN, ARMELLE; LOMBARD, J�R�ME // Politique Africaine;jui2009, Issue 114, p105
Can the European Union be both a strategic and a neutral actor in sub-Saharan Africa? Eufor Tchad/RCA, whose 3700 troops were sent to protect of Sudanese refugees and internally displaced persons in Chad and the Central African Republic, has the most difficult military operation for the EU since...
- NEW DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION MILITARY STAFF. // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p171
The article profiles Lieutenant General Arundell David Leakey, who was appointed as the new Director General of the European Union Military Staff. On December 2005, he completed his term as the Commander of the European Force (EUFOR). In 2006, he was awarded the Companion of the order of Saint...
- EUFOR TCHAD/RCA: The Legal Basis. // Military Technology;2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p299
The article presents the pertinent provisions contained in the Joint Action of 15 October 2007 adopted by the Council of Europe pursuant to to Title V of the Treaty on European Union (EU). This concerns the EU military bridging operation in the Republic of Chad and the Central African Republic...
- Greens oppose Commission plans. // European Power News;Mar2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that the European Forum for Renewable Energy Sources (EUFORES) is opposing European Commission's plans to roll its Intelligent Energy for Europe programme into a new umbrella scheme promoting competitiveness and innovation. Brussels is considering its medium-term spending...
- CRS staff resumes work after surprise rebel attacks in eastern Chad. // Our Sunday Visitor;7/6/2008, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the decision of the staff of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to resume their humanitarian work on June 18, 2008 for several people who were left homeless by war following a rebel attack in eastern Chad in 2008. According to the government sources, over 160 rebels were...
- POLICIJSKA MISIJA EU U BOSNI I HERCEGOVINI (EUPM): OD PO&ETNOG LUTANJA DO MONITORINGA, MENTORSTVA I INSPEKCIJE. Kr�alic, Armin // Journal of Criminal Justice Issues (Kriminalisticke teme);2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3/4, p69
At the present moment it is safe to say that Bosnia and Herzegovina, along with the Balkans region, is the focus of attention of officials in Brussels concerned with European security. As such, Bosnia and Herzegovina has been chosen as the site where European Security and Defense Policy (ESDP)...
- European Trade Unions (Book Review). // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2001, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p426
Reviews the book 'European Trade Unions.'
- Reference shelf. Donway, Roger // Orbis;Spring97, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p329
Reviews the book `The European Union Encyclopedia and Dictionary'.
- INDEX. // Sweden;2005, p86
A subject index for the book "European Union: Sweden," is presented.