It it weren't for the tots
- IT'S ALL IN THE SWOOP. LaCayo, Richard; Miranda, Carolina A. // Time;8/7/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p58
This article presents information about the increasing number of skateboard parks being built around the U.S. John Bernards of the International Association of Skateboard Companies says that in the past 5 years skateboard parks have gone from 200 to 2,400 with many more under construction....
- STATE OF PLAY. Mead, Rebecca // New Yorker;7/5/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the Seward Park playground on the Lower East Side of New York City and the work that the Outdoor Recreation League, a citizen's group, has done to increase the number of playgrounds throughout the city. The history of the park, which opened in 1903, is discussed. A visit...
- THE BEST BET. // New York;5/31/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p41
The article evaluates the product, Imagination Playground in a Box, designed by David Rockwell.
- Backyard adventures. // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep94, Issue 145, p48
Provides instructions on building of a sand pit, water table and toys for backyard adventures during summer. Materials needed.
- Play project makes use of the coastline. Donovan, Cristan // Children & Young People Now;6/28/2011, p18
The article offers information on the play ranger project at Crosby Coastal Park in Sefton, England.
- Playing fare. Lutyens, Dominic // Design Week;9/9/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
The article features the Imagination Playground in Manhattan, New York City which is designed by American architect David Rockwell. It mentions that the design is partly inspired by the innovative Underhill Playground and Teardrop Park play areas in New York. It notes several features of the...
- Imagination Playground. // Architect;Aug2012, p97
The article briefly discusses the design of the Imagination Playground, a playground equipment system designed by the American architect David Rockwell. It is noted that the system has been employed at various worldwide locations including New York City, Haiti and Bangladesh.
- shape-shifter. Barreneche, Raul // Interior Design;Sep2008, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p83
An interview with David Rockwell, founder of the New York firm Rockwell Group, is presented. He says the concept called Imagination Playground, is based on the idea of free play. He notes that their in-house digital lab has existed for four or five years, but was formalized in its own space when...
- Play Station. // Fast Company;Mar2009, Issue 133, p40
The article reviews the architectural design of a playground designed by architect David Rockwell.