On Set Noise Investigation: A Guide to Better Sound
- Local pix get boost. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;7/14/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the agreement which allow Brazilian public and private motion picture companies to screen their locally made films in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Mexico.
- Updated Kodak Guide. // BKSTS Journal;Jun1985, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p388
The article reports on the release of Kodak Ltd.'s updated guide entitled "Eastman Films for the motion picture cameraman" in Great Britain. The guide provides information in a convenient form, covering black and white, color negatives and color reversal films. Details of exposure, illumination...
- WHEN LINES BLUR. // Millimeter;Oct2003, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p9
Comments on the art of filmmaking. Collaboration of art formation; Processes of developing film negative and printing to celluloid; Interplay of a film laboratory; Permanency of mistakes in the manual process.
- Short cuts. Schofield, Nell // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/6/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6371, p12
his article focuses on a show of short motion pictures shot by amateurs held in May 2003 in Australia. On the program were 13 shorts each shot during a time of gay abandon between 1966 and 1973 when a bunch of excitable Sydney residents got their hands on some 16mm Bolex cameras and started an...
- New Year, New Secret Agent Man. // Back Stage (19305966);1/3/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
In this article the author discusses the film industry in 2013.
- Welcome to the inaugural Vendors' Guide for Cinema Owners. // Inside Film;Aug/Sept2012, Issue 148, p30
The article offers information on the inaugural Vendors' Guide for Cinema Owners.
- Motion Picture Printing and Grading Practise. Gibbs, David // BKSTS Journal;Jul1981, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p448
The article focuses on the practice of motion picture printing and grading in Great Britain. The general principle is moving the original camera film and the print film past an illuminated aperture where the color of the light can be varied to produce the required exposure. A course is discussed...
- The New Black Lists. Miller, Daniel // Hollywood Reporter;1/12/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 1, p17
The article presents information on a list of film-related rankings including Blood List featuring best unproduced horror script, Hit List featuring hot spec scripts, and the Brown List ranking the least-liked entertainment executives.
- A Comparison of 24 and 30 fps film shown on 50 Hz television. Stone, M. A. // Image Technology;Jul1989, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p340
The article discusses the investigation regarding the comparison between a 24 and a 30 frames per second film integrated within a 50 Hertz television intended for the motion picture industry worldwide. As part of the evaluation process, several tests have been carried out in order to investigate...