DECEMBER 10, 1854
- KING RANCH. Bryant, Tom; Bernstein, Joel // Taste of Texas Ranching: Cooks & Cowboys;1995, p107
The article focuses on the history of ranching at the King Ranch in Kingsville, Texas. The King Ranch, founded by Richard King, is under the direction of fourth-generation Steven J. Kleberg. The ranch is one of the first ranches in the state which prospered and grew to become the biggest ranch...
- `Let us have 500 good determined Texans': Richard King's account of the union invasion of South... Cheeseman, Bruce S. // Southwestern Historical Quarterly;Jul97, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p76
Provides detailed information on Richard King and his activities during the Union Invasion of South Texas, November 12, 1863, to January 20, 1864. Background information on King;.
- A ranch that is more Mexican than Anglo. Broyles Jr, William // Texas Monthly;Feb93, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p107
Presents a story on Richard King who changed the ways of cattle ranching as cited from Texas Monthly, October 1980 issue. Inspiration across the Rio Grande; Spanish cattle ranching.
- By request. // PC Week;11/1/93, Vol. 10 Issue 43, pA/5
Reports on Richard King's request for observers to shut up about NT Requester. King as head of Novell Inc.'s NetWare Systems Group; NetWare Requester's purpose of allowing NT clients to access files on a NetWare server.
- SFP value down 8% on 2011. // Farmers Weekly;10/5/2012, Vol. 158 Issue 14, p25
The article reports on the anticipated 8% drop in the single farm payment (SFP) in Great Britain in 2012 compared to 2011, with Andersons' Richard King claiming that the drop could be offset by entitlement revaluation, among others.
- Outlook good, but prepare for SFP end. // Farmers Weekly;6/15/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 24, p27
The article reports on the emphasis given by Andersons' Richard King on the need for farm businesses to prepare for the scheduled end of the single farm payment (SFP) in Great Britain in 2013. According to him, arable farmers must not allow better returns to distract them from preparing their...
- Hamster hoo-ha. Elmhirst, Sophie // New Statesman;12/14/2009, Vol. 138 Issue 4979, p12
In this article the author comments on the finding that the Mr Squiggles Go Go Hamster, a children's toy, may be linked to heart and lung difficulties and to cancer. The article was written as the toy hamster is considered a must-have item among British children for Christmas 2009. Among other...
- REPORTER'S NOTEBOOK. Eder, Rob // Drug Store News;9/9/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p37
Reports developments in the U.S. business community as of September 2002. Appointment of Richard King as general merchandise manager for food and consumables of Kmart; Intervention of State Attorney General Mike Fisher on the proposed sale of Hershey Foods; Launch of an in-store promotion by...
- `Fragmented' tourism interests come together. Blake, Laura // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p1
Reports from two West Michigan delegates at a White House conference on tourism noted that work still have to be done. Comments from Richard King, assistant professor of travel and tourism with Grand Valley State University; Industry goals; proposed structure.