NOVEMBER 2, 1949
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Liberia;Dec2007, p6
The article presents information on the relations of Liberia with other countries. The country maintains a diplomatic relations with Libya, Cuba and China. It reveals that the country has taken steps to forge closer ties with Western countries, especially the U.S. The country is also a founding...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Sao Tome & Principe;Apr2005, p9
Provides information on the foreign relations activities of S�o Tom� and Principe. Actions being taken by the government to expand its diplomatic relationships; Diplomatic missions in several African countries.
- USIA negotiates a RIF. Byers, Bruce K. // Foreign Service Journal;May96, Vol. 73 Issue 5, AFSA News p3
States that the greatest problem facing the Foreign Service comes from congressional attacks and from the managements of the five foreign affairs agencies through reduction-in-force (RIFs). Involvement of American Foreign Services Association (AFSA) in first-ever Foreign Service collective...
- Sister City Team Trying for New Consulate in Bangalore. Tsering, Lisa // India -- West;3/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 15, pA20
The article reports that San Francisco-Bangalore Sister City Initiative aims to establish a U.S. consulate in Bangalore, India.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR. Honley, Steven Alan // Foreign Service Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p18
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including foreign service, diplomatic practice and international relations.
- Singapore to open consulate in Puerto Rico. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;11/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the opening of a Singapore consulate in Puerto Rico to promote trade and tourism between the two countries. Other countries that will set up offices in building to be called the Consulate Pavilion; Security measures at Consulate Pavilion to open in May 1997; Closure of the French...
- Vienna and Vilnius: The Values Gap. Davoliute, Violeta // Transitions Online;8/1/2011, p6
The article focuses on the contrast of silent vigil and protests in Lithuania. After the arrest and then release of a retired Russian KGB officer Mikhail Golovatov who was wanted for crimes in Lithuania, the people of Lithuania lit candles on the walls of Austrian Embassy. The Soviet troops...
- THIS YEAR IN JERUSALEM. // New Republic;6/5/95, Vol. 212 Issue 23, p9
Discusses the refusal of foreign nations to recognize the political fact about the status of Jerusalem in Israel. Foreign embassies situated in Jerusalem; Reason the accredited U.S. representative in Israel is posted outside Israel's capital; Monotheistic religions recognized by Jerusalem.
- U.S.-BHUTAN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Bhutan;Aug2004, p5
Focuses on the relationship of Bhutan with the U.S. government. Consular responsibilities offered by the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi, India; Participation of Bhutan in the regional program for South Asia; Principal U.S. officials in India.